tiffany!!!!
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello!!! I am wanting to apply for PPE (philosophy, politics, economics) at university. I definitely want to take english and maths for higher level, but I am unsure for my third - between economics and global politics. Would either of these subjects be more advantageous for me? Also I know the global politics is a relatively new subject introduced into the IB, is it well regarded / hard to get high marks and would taking history instead of global politics be better or not? Thank you )

english HL
maths HL
economics HL / SL
global politics HL / SL
physics SL
latin SL
VanillaCream
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
from e.g. Oxford website:
You may apply for PPE having done any combination of subjects at school; it is not necessary to have studied Politics, Philosophy or Economics. History can provide a useful background, but is not essential.
so I'd say choose the one you like more and think will be easier as they're both mentioned in the helpful subjects
pari2104
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
One warning if you're considering to take History - it is notoriously difficult to get a 7 in. I am in no way discouraging you (obviously, idek you personally) but Oxford would definitely need a very good score and 7/6s in HLs + PPE is a very competitive course so my advice would be to not take it. Plus, you can always make up for it by some extra reading, which you will have to do as an Oxbridge applicant anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.8%
Excited but a bit nervous (122)
45.86%
Not bothered either way (34)
12.78%
I'm really nervous (52)
19.55%

Watched Threads