Jshek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im going to uni in 2021 but I can't decide what uni to go to. I got offer from reading, and queen mary. But not southampton, KCL and bristol. I'm planning on doing maybe medicine or dentistry afterwards even though I know its more competitive but I'm still not sure if I'm 100 percent gonna do med or dentistry.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jshek)
Im going to uni in 2021 but I can't decide what uni to go to. I got offer from reading, and queen mary. But not southampton, KCL and bristol. I'm planning on doing maybe medicine or dentistry afterwards even though I know its more competitive but I'm still not sure if I'm 100 percent gonna do med or dentistry.
If you even have an inkling of wanting to do Medicine / Dentistry; take a gap year to evaluate your option first.

Going for graduate entry medicine or graduate entry dentistry is several times more competitive, then standard undergrad versions of these courses; it will also of course take longer and cost more overall.

P.S. It doesn't matter which uni you went to for GEM / GED - as far as the unis are concerned; a degree from Oxford = a degree from Open Uni (as long as the classification is the same).
Jshek
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ecolier)
If you even have an inkling of wanting to do Medicine / Dentistry; take a gap year to evaluate your option first.

Going for graduate entry medicine or graduate entry dentistry is several times more competitive, then standard undergrad versions of these courses; it will also of course take longer and cost more overall.

P.S. It doesn't matter which uni you went to for GEM / GED - as far as the unis are concerned; a degree from Oxford = a degree from Open Uni (as long as the classification is the same).
Do u know what jobs you can get after biomed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (325)
55.75%
I don't have everything I need (258)
44.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed