Friend at university never replies anymore?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I made a friend at uni when we started in September and now she never even replies. We were really close at the start but now our relationship has died entirely. We messaged all the time before till the early hours like 2-3am now we never talk.

Any advice? I feel kinda hurt tbh
Grizwuld
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I made a friend at uni when we started in September and now she never even replies. We were really close at the start but now our relationship has died entirely. We messaged all the time before till the early hours like 2-3am now we never talk.

Find a new friend.
Don't give out "friend" status to any tom, **** or Harry that passes the time with you,

For the hurt; that's what chocolate cake is for. One night only and then back to the gym!
Abzzz57
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Hi, I'm sorry this has happened to you! I am not saying this has definetly happened, but usually people will become friends right at the start of the course and unfortunatly by the end of the semester they are no longer friends. It can happen for different reasons, for example, you found out they are a different person then you were expecting or who you usually get on with, they make other friends with people on their course or flat, they realise the workload is way more then expected and just get bogged down with everything etc..

A few questions, are you in the same flat as her or on the same course? Does she ever message you first or are you the only one messaging?

At the moment, I know it sucks but I would either just leave her be and accept that she may have lost interest in being friends with you or you could message her and just ask if everything is okay because she is not being as responsive as she used to be.. I would also try and make some other friends as you don't want to just rely on her.. I hope it works out for you!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Abzzz57)
Hi, I'm sorry this has happened to you! I am not saying this has definetly happened, but usually people will become friends right at the start of the course and unfortunatly by the end of the semester they are no longer friends. It can happen for different reasons, for example, you found out they are a different person then you were expecting or who you usually get on with, they make other friends with people on their course or flat, they realise the workload is way more then expected and just get bogged down with everything etc..

A few questions, are you in the same flat as her or on the same course? Does she ever message you first or are you the only one messaging?

At the moment, I know it sucks but I would either just leave her be and accept that she may have lost interest in being friends with you or you could message her and just ask if everything is okay because she is not being as responsive as she used to be.. I would also try and make some other friends as you don't want to just rely on her.. I hope it works out for you!
Na, we both still live at home, as we don’t live that far away from uni. I’m always the one that messages but for mostly every “friend” that I’ve had same ordeal, I make all the effort and it gets nowhere. I’m a guy in mostly a girls class of 95% girls so it’s tough to make friends.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise