Not sure what to do with my life right now

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I started uni this year after a couple of years out. I had an offer at top uni in London but couldn't commit so eventually was unable to register this year. I was able to secure a place at a top 6 uni and have been studying there. I just keep thinking how much better it would've been at the other uni who have offered me a deferred place, although the course I applied for has like an 80% offer rate so it isn't that difficult to get so I'm willing to reapply if I lose the deferred place. In some ways I think finish uni get a grad job and I wont care about all this especially at the stage of life I'm at now but I also think I woule be happier there. I need to start working and earning for my family so I'm very torn about what to do. Any advice would help
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I started uni this year after a couple of years out. I had an offer at top uni in London but couldn't commit so eventually was unable to register this year. I was able to secure a place at a top 6 uni and have been studying there. I just keep thinking how much better it would've been at the other uni who have offered me a deferred place, although the course I applied for has like an 80% offer rate so it isn't that difficult to get so I'm willing to reapply if I lose the deferred place. In some ways I think finish uni get a grad job and I wont care about all this especially at the stage of life I'm at now but I also think I woule be happier there. I need to start working and earning for my family so I'm very torn about what to do. Any advice would help
Bump
Anonymous #1
Bump
Bump
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
find a hobby
Anonymous #1
(Original post by tinygirl96)
find a hobby
Nothing really interests me anymore
brokestudent3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
genuinely just do what you want and what makes you happy. if you can do the other course as a post grad then that might be a good option. better than not doing it and having a load of “what if”s years down the line
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"Boohoo my life is turning out so perfectly that I feel the need to stick my toe out my bubble for a second and have a pseudo existential crisis."
brokestudent3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
"Boohoo my life is turning out so perfectly that I feel the need to stick my toe out my bubble for a second and have a pseudo existential crisis."
imagine thinking that just bc things seem perfect for people that they can’t be unhappy lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
How many years out have you taken? I don’t think faking another year out is that big of a deal. Esp if you’re going to be happier at the other uni. I gusss you just need to think would u be happier going into the workplace sooner or happier at a better uni? I don’t like the uni im currently at either and think I’ll be much happier else where but I realised I care more about graduating and getting a full time job so that’s why I’m not taking a year out and going to a different uni.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by brokestudent3)
imagine thinking that just bc things seem perfect for people that they can’t be unhappy lol
I havent imagined it. I've witnessed it. And I've mocked it. Are you actually ok? Or are you blinded by your tears that you cant see properly.
brokestudent3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I havent imagined it. I've witnessed it. And I've mocked it. Are you actually ok? Or are you blinded by your tears that you cant see properly.
you’re getting a bit deep there. if you’ve witnessed it and **** don’t make fun of someone else for feeling the same. your comment came across as negative, so if you’re gonna be negative when someone’s asking for help, just don’t say anything
University of Salford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you contacted the other university to see if they offer advanced entry? I'm guessing you're in your first year - some unis/courses will accept transfers in to Year 2 of similar courses - so you wouldn't necessarily have to start all over again. Its worth giving them a call to ask at least if you're not happy where you are - is it the course or the university that you're not enjoying?

Happy to help if you need any further advice.

Alison
Anonymous #1
(Original post by University of Salford)
Have you contacted the other university to see if they offer advanced entry? I'm guessing you're in your first year - some unis/courses will accept transfers in to Year 2 of similar courses - so you wouldn't necessarily have to start all over again. Its worth giving them a call to ask at least if you're not happy where you are - is it the course or the university that you're not enjoying?

Happy to help if you need any further advice.

Alison
Thanks for your response. I think the unhappiness stems from comparing the two. From what I have read online this university doesn't accept 2nd year transfers
Anonymous #1
I suppose it's all relative. If I was in a different situation with different circumstances, the worst case scenario would be worse than this.
Anonymous #1
How many years out have you taken? I don’t think faking another year out is that big of a deal. Esp if you’re going to be happier at the other uni. I gusss you just need to think would u be happier going into the workplace sooner or happier at a better uni? I don’t like the uni im currently at either and think I’ll be much happier else where but I realised I care more about graduating and getting a full time job so that’s why I’m not taking a year out and going to a different uni.
I have taken 2 years out. I am facing the same dilemma and part of me thinks like you where I should just finish my degree and start working but I probably will not enjoy the next 2.5 years.
kates4745
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
U have to think of your own self first then others. When you'll be happy the others will follow as well.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kates4745)
U have to think of your own self first then others. When you'll be happy the others will follow as well.
I can't, I see others that are able to but I can't disregard everything
Wannabevetnurse
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:lol: name checks out :hahaha:
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Wannabevetnurse)
:lol: name checks out :hahaha:
Gotta keep it real G 😎👌
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
This is the second thread in 5 minutes where I've seen you say something to put the thread starter down. What is the point? Are you doing okay yourself? You're coming off as rude.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (310)
55.86%
I don't have everything I need (245)
44.14%

Watched Threads