alg.xx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I want to do the flying start accounting program with PWC and Alliance Manchester Business School. I got one 9, four 8s, three 7s, one 6 and one 5 for my GCSES. I meet the maths and English requirements but do applicants usually have straight 9s and 8s? GCSEs got cancelled this year and for some dumb reason, my school downgraded everyone severely even though they weren’t supposed to. I could have definitely done better if we sat the exams in the summer.
c1student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alg.xx)
So I want to do the flying start accounting program with PWC and Alliance Manchester Business School. I got one 9, four 8s, three 7s, one 6 and one 5 for my GCSES. I meet the maths and English requirements but do applicants usually have straight 9s and 8s? GCSEs got cancelled this year and for some dumb reason, my school downgraded everyone severely even though they weren’t supposed to. I could have definitely done better if we sat the exams in the summer.
i think you've done great! as long as you've entry requirements which you have but i do know nothing about this course so i might be no help sorry aha
alg.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by c1student)
i think you've done great! as long as you've entry requirements which you have but i do know nothing about this course so i might be no help sorry aha
Thanks. This course might be just difficult to get into as medicine. Of course, I’m not certain on this but people applying to the medicine course always tend to exceed the requirements. I was wondering if the same applied to my desired program.
c1student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alg.xx)
Thanks. This course might be just difficult to get into as medicine. Of course, I’m not certain on this but people applying to the medicine course always tend to exceed the requirements. I was wondering if the same applied to my desired program.
maybe email ? ask them what the people who got in last year had in general for their gcses .
for medicine for some unis you're right if you have a*aa compared to aaa then you will have a better chance but for others as long as you've met the requirements your grades are considered the same with equal weighting
BenRyan99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Btw you posted this in the postgraduate forum section of TSR, you'll have more luck with responses if you post in undergrad forums
alg.xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by BenRyan99)
Btw you posted this in the postgraduate forum section of TSR, you'll have more luck with responses if you post in undergrad forums
I just thought I’d find more luck amongst those who have gone to university themselves : they might be more knowledgeable on general top university requirements.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed