i am only taking 4 GCSEs due to illness but i want to go to sixth form? I am stuck

Watch
avaabtin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For clarification, i have missed out on 2 years worth of gsce content. i left school at the start of year 9 due to a hospital admission and i have returned back to full-time education beginning of this year 11. i have managed very well catching up on missed work and managed to pull a 5 in english, 7 in a higher tier maths, 7 in history and a 6 in combined sciences in my recent mocks, however this is not enough as most entry requirements for doing a levels at sixths form is to have a minimum of 5 gsces. I desperately want to go to sixth form to study a-levels and i’m willing to put in the work to get another gsce but will it be enough? i am currently not in mainstream school but in a hospital education program that consists of 4 other pupils studying gsces so the pace we learn is significantly faster. I have spoken to the school and the only other gsce course they offer is computing which i have no skills in whatsoever, they do offer other courses such as art (which i’m currently doing) but the only qualification you get out of that is entry level. i don’t know what to do.. i am so stuck, i just want to cry..i don’t want to study vocational courses in college as i don’t see myself going down that route. is there a small possibility i could self learn art gsce course if i put all my effort in? do i just give up and retake gsces next year?? sorry for the waffling, i am feeling so hopeless..
Advertisement
ohope
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Won't they count the science as 2?
alg.xx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m very sorry to hear that you’re in a situation like this. Keep powering through as it does get better eventually ( not trying to sound cringe ). How about self teaching yourself a fairly easy GCSE like business studies. Will that work?
Last edited by alg.xx; 1 month ago
Advertisement
tsukife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'm so sorry for what's happened to you as someone else said, you could attempt to self teach yourself something? in my opinion, r.s. is quite easy and business is ok.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Combined Science is 2 so it sounds as though you will get 5. If you really feel you need another then you could ask if you could do separate Sciences (Physics, Chemistry and Biology) rather then combined - the teachers ought to be able to help you with the extra bit of content in each subject - or Citizenship is very easy although you have to provide evidence of having done 'citizenship action' (although it doesn't contribute to your grade) https://ocr.org.uk/qualifications/gc...270-from-2016/
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (253)
57.11%
I don't have everything I need (190)
42.89%

Watched Threads