Why isn't the girl attracted to me.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
There is a housemate who I like. She moved in about a month ago. We have a lot in common, we talk and hang out. However, she hasn't shown any signs that she likes me.

I am ethnically Indian and I am from Scotland. I like to think that I am decent looking. I am 5'11", athletic build, pale complexion and have thick dense hair. If we get along so well, why wouldn't she feel the same about me.
BabyStitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s just life, not every girl will like you, maybe she doesn’t want to date right now
LxAm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She's not obliged to feel anything towards you. You're housemates, she hasn't gone out of her way to know you. You'll need to accept that not everyone in life will be attracted to you, hell, a lot of the people in life might not even want to talk to you as a friend, let alone anything more - and that's not always going to be your fault. You can ask her if she's interested in a relationship but if she tells you no, leave it at that. Don't pressure her, and don't guilt her over it. At the end of the day she doesn't owe you anything and if she doesn't like you then you've simply got to move on :/
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Plenty of possible reasons.
She may not be single, in the habit of dating guys or you might not be the type that she is sexually attracted to?
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No offense but you couldn't be unluckier when it comes to reality. You're in Scotland bruh. Get real and move on. Maybe your mum can arrange you to marry 👍
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Odd thread
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
No offense but you couldn't be unluckier when it comes to reality. You're in Scotland bruh. Get real and move on. Maybe your mum can arrange you to marry 👍
Lol, I moved out of home. I am living in England.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you even asked her if she likes you?

But as said, no one’s under any obligation to want to date anyone. She could even like you as a person and a friend but not want to date you, and that’s her prerogative.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by becausethenight)
Have you even asked her if she likes you?

But as said, no one’s under any obligation to want to date anyone. She could even like you as a person and a friend but not want to date you, and that’s her prerogative.
No I haven't asked her if she likes me. I am not saying that she is obliged to date me. I keep hearing that people need to have things in common and a connection to date. I feel we do have a connection. However, if she does not feel that way about me, then it seems impossible to get a girlfriend.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lol, I moved out of home. I am living in England.
It gets worse then. An Indian with a Scottish accent ...in England 😂 you should def do well with women in London though, anyone can get laid in London and no ones like...an outsider in London if you get me. Like my dads from edinbruh dumbiedykes, issa big city but still largely white Scottish or some white Europeans. In London though theres a million brown folk so I say give it time.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LxAm)
She's not obliged to feel anything towards you. You're housemates, she hasn't gone out of her way to know you. You'll need to accept that not everyone in life will be attracted to you, hell, a lot of the people in life might not even want to talk to you as a friend, let alone anything more - and that's not always going to be your fault. You can ask her if she's interested in a relationship but if she tells you no, leave it at that. Don't pressure her, and don't guilt her over it. At the end of the day she doesn't owe you anything and if she doesn't like you then you've simply got to move on :/
If classmates and colleagues at work can date each other, then why can't housemates. I am not saying she owes me anything, but why is that the guy has to give it all and end up alone.
Occitanie
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seriously, don't ask her "Do you like me?". Sure it might be the easiest way of figuring out if she likes you, but the best way is to ask her out. Ask her out after hanging out - tell her "Hey, we've had a great chat and I would like to do this again some time. Are you free next weekend?"
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It can be pretty intangible why someone fancies you or not and thus there’s no sense in stressing about it. You can try flirting a bit more, you can ask her out, but I think instincts on whether a girl is interested can usually be trusted. If you don’t get the right feeling I would avoid the risk of direct rejection from someone you share with. Plenty more fish..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (431)
56.41%
I don't have everything I need (333)
43.59%

Watched Threads