I want subjects that allow me to take any path
I am considering choosing maths but what else should I choose
(edited 3 years ago)
What do you want to be in the future ?
Original post by yasa99656
I have no clue what to choose for A levels
I want subjects that allow me to take any path
I am considering choosing maths but what else should I choose

The best advice anyone can give u is to do the subjects you enjoy the most. This’ll not only help you be motivated to work for them, but chances are when u figure out what career path you want to go down, it’ll have something to do with your favourite subjects.
Reply 3
Original post by LouismmmmB
The best advice anyone can give u is to do the subjects you enjoy the most. This’ll not only help you be motivated to work for them, but chances are when u figure out what career path you want to go down, it’ll have something to do with your favourite subjects.

Thank You for the advice
Reply 4
Original post by teegraham
What do you want to be in the future ?

i am not sure
i want to pick subjects that will give me multiple paths
most paths - maths, a science, and another subject ur interested in? if you want a large range maybe an essay subject?
yh if you aren't sure maths is definitely a good option. i would also say english or sciences. sciences also go well with maths. but yh if you aren't sure what u want to do just pick the subjects you enjoy the most and bare in mind that you don't want them to be too narrow. also try and pick facilitating subjects so maths, english lit, sciences, history, geo,
Reply 7
don't chose subjects that you don't enjoy most people feel they have to do some subjects so they don't find it interesting and usually struggle
Choose subjects you will enjoy/can see yourself working a lot for a good grade. You can get away with doing less revision for certain subjects at GCSE but for A-level you have to revise all your subjects because there's so much content in each. This is why choosing subjects you truly have a passion for is important as nobody would want to revise a subject they hate.

I kept my options open with maths, physics and history and I'm glad I did as I didn't know what degree I wanted to pursue until the summer of year 12. Maths has always come easiest to me so was a no-brainer, I have a passion for history outside of college and physics is the most satisfying to learn of the three.

I'd say write a list of all the subjects you'd contemplate taking and try grouping them to see which combination would work best for you! I quite like having that break from all the numbers with history, as writing an essay is vastly different to working with equations constantly! Good luck in your choices and hope this helped in some way! :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by casabonita
most paths - maths, a science, and another subject ur interested in? if you want a large range maybe an essay subject?

what do you mean by an essay subject

Quick Reply

Latest