Fashion Communication Portfolio University ApplicationWatch
Which fashion communication course are you applying for? UAL (University of the Arts London) offers some great options for Fashion Communication either at London College of Fashion or Central Saint Martins. You can check out the courses here.
Although the requirements for the portfolio vary from course to course (you can find the exact requirements for each course on the course pages) fashion communication courses generally look for students who can demonstrate:
- a range of approaches to image making
- development originated from personal experience or visual research
- how your work progresses through logical stages to finished outcomes
- evidence handling a medium or material with sensitivity to its qualities
- engagement and improvement in technical and time management skills
- intellectual inquiry within your work
- relevant research skills
- an interest in contemporary fashion and fashion communication
- a willingness to collaborate
- a sense of your own voice and vision
Another thing I think that is super important for your portfolio is being able to confidently talk about the work that you include within it and that it enables you to demonstrate your passion in your work and for the field in general, being clear about those in the industry who inspire you.
I hope that if of help and good luck with your application.
UAL Student Rep