Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I must write a rap about Wilfred Owen's life but I can't! It seems I'm not gangsta enough :rofl: so I kinda need a rap that I can change the words fr, to make it about Owen. It's just for a presentation not CW or anything.. I tried Fresh Prince of Bel Air but that didn't work..
    Thanks, +rep for anything that works..
    Zak.

A rap .. about Wilfred Owen.

Kind of makes me wish I did English Literature now.

ReputationRep:
    Fresh Prince rap can be adapted:

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down and I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there, and tell you how I became the half-blood Prince of a school called H-warts. In Spinner's End born and raised, in the playground is where I spent most of my days, chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' out cool, shootin' some quaffles outside of the school.

Courtesy of here.

Wilfred Owen,
    Soldier poet,
    he's so English bruv!

He loved Sassoon,
    works of horror and might.

Trench and gas,
    his view of war,
    oh my days he's in "Futility".

"Poetry is pity",
    he killed in action,
    church bells rang of peace!

Yo! Don't dis the poems' of war lol!

Hoped this helped a bit! :p:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be able to do a rap about Wilfred Owen's life without being incredibly harsh about his death and how he got shot...

Anyway, what has English descended to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toiletpaper8)
    I wouldn't be able to do a rap about Wilfred Owen's life without being incredibly harsh about his death and how he got shot...

Anyway, what has English descended to...
    It's a fun bonding kinda thing the beginning of term.. it's not real!:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Now this is the story all about how
    My life got flipped, turned upside down
    And Id like to take a minute, but don't worry I won't bore
    and I'll tell you about the life of the best poet of the great war.

In Oswestry Shropshire born and raised,
    England is where I spent most of my days

Playing,laughing,relaxing all cool
    and writing some poetry inside of my school

When a couple of Germans who where up to no good,
    started making trouble in my world's neighborhood.
    I got in one great war and but then I died...

probably because I did too much writing and not enough fighting[/QUOTE]

Meh, not my greatest work...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jerking My Gerking)
    Ok, I must write a rap about Wilfred Owen's life but I can't! It seems I'm not gangsta enough :rofl: so I kinda need a rap that I can change the words fr, to make it about Owen. It's just for a presentation not CW or anything.. I tried Fresh Prince of Bel Air but that didn't work..
    Thanks, +rep for anything that works..
    Zak.
    Out of interest, are you doing OCR AS English Lit?

We are and we'll be studying Wilfred Owen's poetry, but at the moment we're focusing on Tess Of The D'Urbervilles. Anyway...

Why don't you mangle the Soulja Boy song? It's impossible to make it any worse.

*Mimics Soulja Boy*

Ma rap's 'bout Wilfy O
    He's da poet who wrote "Da Show"...

:p:

ReputationRep:
    Way to destroy an important poet's worth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muppety_Kid)

We are and we'll be studying Wilfred Owen's poetry, but at the moment we're focusing on Tess Of The D'Urbervilles. Anyway...

*Mimics Soulja Boy*

Ma rap's 'bout Wilfy O
    He's da poet who wrote "Da Show"...

I'm not sure but this year I have to study Wilfred Owen and Wuthering Heights, I think I alos have to do a small peice of creative writing cw..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    Way to destroy an important poet's worth.
    You're the one with a spoof of Poe's "The Raven" in your signature...

...which I have to admit, I do like - I was making a point. I think OP's been told to do it by the teacher, it's not something he wanted to do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure but this year I have to study Wilfred Owen and Wuthering Heights, I think I alos have to do a small peice of creative writing cw..
    Yeah, that sounds like what we're doing. Which other novels are you reading for the coursework? I'm reading The Woman Who Walked Into Doors by Roddy Doyle (great book - about a woman's abusive husband, written by a man from a woman's perspective!), Making History and Half Of A Yellow Sun by Adichie.

ReputationRep:

*Mimics Soulja Boy*

Ma rap's 'bout Wilfy O
    He's da poet who wrote "Da Show
    "...

:rofl:
    That's quite good! :p:

ReputationRep:
    We're on AQA and you're so lucky doing Wuthering Heights! Our class has to do bloody Pride and stupid Prejudice!

ReputationRep:
    You're the one with a spoof of Poe's "The Raven" in your signature...

...which I have to admit, I do like - I was making a point. I think OP's been told to do it by the teacher, it's not something he wanted to do.
    Yeah, but I wouldn't teach it in school. Besides, ironic use of n3tsp33k is on a different level to rap "music".

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 21, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.