Taytayxo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have recently gotten my predicted grades for maths and I got a 3 I'm trying to apply to sixth forms but I don't know if I should bother if I have a 3 in maths also do you have any tips for daily revision sessions?
EMBaguette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Taytayxo)
I have recently gotten my predicted grades for maths and I got a 3 I'm trying to apply to sixth forms but I don't know if I should bother if I have a 3 in maths also do you have any tips for daily revision sessions?
Depends how much you want to go to sixth form cause there is still time! I was exactly the same but I got a 3 in my English mock exam and in the end I got a 6. If you want it you'll put the effort in.

I'd recommend just doing practice papers and marking them, I know this sounds boring and something that your teacher might say but by looking at the mark scheme you'll see where they give the marks.

Also to start with I would just focus on the easier maths and make sure you really get to grips with those topics so you don't lose silly marks. And then attempt to master slightly harder topic if you feel comfortable enough. but don't worry if you can't or don't get it just always go for method marks!

good website for practice papers is: maths genie
average_human
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!
For me, the most important thing, if you are able to, is to get a revision guide. Look through the topics that you are studying at the moment-I find that sometimes in the books it explains it a different way to in class so you might understand it better. Look through the examples where they take you through it step by step, I find that this helps me to understand the process better. Also, I would say doing regular practice is the most important thing when it comes to maths. If your school has access to any online maths things (like mymaths or dr frost) these are good to use, but if not I recommend corbettmaths. (it's free btw) If you go onto their website they have lots of practice questions and answers, as well as videos which I find super useful.

I hope you will find something here that helps you. If you have any questions, just ask
EMBaguette
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
OMG I FORGOT TO MENTION HEGARTY MATHS

he is a LIFE SAVER but I got access to this through school so I guess just google it
c1student
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EMBaguette)
OMG I FORGOT TO MENTION HEGARTY MATHS

he is a LIFE SAVER but I got access to this through school so I guess just google it
YES omg he also has vids on youtube !!
average_human
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by c1student)
YES omg he also has vids on youtube !!
yeah, these are the best! saving me at the moment
c1student
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
depends on entry requirements, some sixth forms will require a certain grade in maths (and english) to be considered so check this.

try and get advice from your teacher on where you have gone wrong specifically with the topics and timings??
c1student
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by average_human)
yeah, these are the best! saving me at the moment
yeees saved me sm

also hi fellow Pisces
average_human
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by c1student)
yeees saved me sm

also hi fellow Pisces
hi
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Corbettmaths is another great resource! My main advice would be to practise, especially the topics you’re not sure about - past papers will be your best friend!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (76)
17.97%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (122)
28.84%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (160)
37.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.29%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.07%

Watched Threads