Unihelp43
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!! I’m wanting to apply to Glasgow for law and English as a joint degree and also English as single. Will this look like I’m not dedicated to law??? Or will it look like I’m dedicated to the uni? Is this a common thing to do apply for two similar courses? Will this actually matter?! I’m thinking of doing the same thing at Strathclyde! HELP PLEASE!!!!
Last edited by Unihelp43; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This will be okay - Glasgow can see that you have applied for both courses with them so it wont be an issue.
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aliraza25)
Hi

Personally I would apply for one subject per University as you can always change subjects at that particular University
Far too risky. That other course could be full, and you'd therefore be stuck on a course you apparently didn't want.
Not a good recommendation.

To the OP - best to email Glasgow and ask if they would be happy with a dual application. They will probably say yes.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Far too risky. That other course could be full, and you'd therefore be stuck on a course you apparently didn't want.
Not a good recommendation.

To the OP - best to email Glasgow and ask if they would be happy with a dual application. They will probably say yes.
Provided that one wants both courses - apply for the one that one wants the most.

Speaking from experience...
Unihelp43
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Provided that one wants both courses - apply for the one that one wants the most.

Speaking from experience...
Hi from ur experience so would you apply to the two courses at Glasgow?
SLS123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! We spoke on the official Glasgow 2021 applicant thread earlier👋

But I was in a VERY similar position to you, so thought this may help😊

I only applied for a joint honours in English/Psychology on my UCAS application, but I also wouldn't have minded a single in English because it was the main subject I wanted to study. I emailed the admissions and asked whether it was a possibility for them to consider my application for the single if I was unsuccessful on the joint course (I knew how competitive Psychology is!!) and they replied to say they added a note to my application.

They did honour that request, and I receive an offer for the single course the other day.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!😃
Unihelp43
Rep:
?
(Original post by SLS123)
Hey! We spoke on the official Glasgow 2021 applicant thread earlier👋

But I was in a VERY similar position to you, so thought this may help😊

I only applied for a joint honours in English/Psychology on my UCAS application, but I also wouldn't have minded a single in English because it was the main subject I wanted to study. I emailed the admissions and asked whether it was a possibility for them to consider my application for the single if I was unsuccessful on the joint course (I knew how competitive Psychology is!!) and they replied to say they added a note to my application.

They did honour that request, and I receive an offer for the single course the other day.

Hope this helps, and good luck!!😃
Hi!! Ahaha keep meeting each other!!

Yeah that’s the same as me, I’m applying for English and Law but I know how hard it is to get into so I’d be happy with English! That is so helpful and also the fact that they actually honoured your request, they didn’t just push it aside ect! Is Glasgow your main choice?
Also did that mean that you technically applied for 6 courses? As one was a personal request?

Thank you!!!!
SLS123
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Unihelp43)
Hi!! Ahaha keep meeting each other!!

Yeah that’s the same as me, I’m applying for English and Law but I know how hard it is to get into so I’d be happy with English! That is so helpful and also the fact that they actually honoured your request, they didn’t just push it aside ect! Is Glasgow your main choice?
Also did that mean that you technically applied for 6 courses? As one was a personal request?

Thank you!!!!
I actually just firmed their offer today, so yeah it is my top haha!!

To be fair, most of my personal statement was English & Linguistics based so I suppose I was continously biased for English all along🙈

They just altered the course on my UCAS application when my offer came in, so I still only view it as 5 options😉
zo21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hi!! jumping on this thread bc i'm in the exact same situation - i applied for comparative literature + french in glasgow, but i still have an extra choice, so i want to put down english literature as well. i emailed to ask about it like a week ago and they still haven't answered, so i'm thinking of just doing it anyways and hope that the email back is positive. or should i wait?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (198)
57.56%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.44%

Watched Threads