Losing weight

Watch
IkathleenI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve tried to lose weight so many times. I’m 17 but have wanted to lose weight since I was 13-14. I’ve tried loads of fad diets, strict diets and even diets where I eat mostly healthy foods and when I want something unhealthy I’ll have it but not excessively. Could anyone give any advice on this topic? It’s affecting my confidence more than ever :/
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is your current height, weight and target weight? :confused:
Are you on any medication or allergic to any foods?
hollie1928
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what about exercise?
IkathleenI
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hollie1928)
what about exercise?
I did regular exercise too and even invested in a Fitbit just to make sure I was getting the right amount of steps in but still didn’t seem to be losing weight
Shadow~
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Usually, the most important part of losing weight is a calorie deficit- eating fewer calories than you burn. For this to be sustainable, just try reducing your portion size slightly or eating something more filling but containing fewer calories as one of your meals- e.g. quinoa, oats or fish
If you combine that with a little cardio and strength training, you'll be able to lose weight healthily and maintain it

(That being said, I think people tend to lose their "puppy fat" when they hit their late teens/early 20s)

Best of luck x
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First of all, do you need to lose weight or are you in the healthy BMI range?
Ira :)
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by IkathleenI)
I’ve tried to lose weight so many times. I’m 17 but have wanted to lose weight since I was 13-14. I’ve tried loads of fad diets, strict diets and even diets where I eat mostly healthy foods and when I want something unhealthy I’ll have it but not excessively. Could anyone give any advice on this topic? It’s affecting my confidence more than ever :/
1) Don't do so many diets. Sometimes its the want of exercise, perhaps? Try focusing on that instead of what you eat. Also, not everybody has the same body shape so keep that in mind. Start your exercise slowly, but keep it consistent, such as increasing your stamina. eat in a balanced diet, don't stop that. Lastly, sleep well, and be ready to be active in the smallest of ways, such as running up the stairs, or immediately quickly picking up the stuff on the floor. U'd be surprised by how much that works!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (236)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.41%

Watched Threads