Exams in two days - I feel lazy, unmotivated and can't stop procrastinating - help!!

Watch
Um,Bridge
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello everyone,
I have my a level mock exams in two days and I literally don't feel like doing anything at all. I can't be bothered to revise and I spend valuable hours after school procrastinating and doing anything but revision. I don't know why I feel this way. I want to do well but I literally can't motivate myself to sit down and study. I know that before the exam I am going to be stressing out and panicking, yet even that thought is not motivating me to get out of bed! Does this happen to anyone else, or just me? Why does this happen?
Thanks!

cheese toes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Um,Bridge)
Hello everyone,
I have my a level mock exams in two days and I literally don't feel like doing anything at all. I can't be bothered to revise and I spend valuable hours after school procrastinating and doing anything but revision. I don't know why I feel this way. I want to do well but I literally can't motivate myself to sit down and study. I know that before the exam I am going to be stressing out and panicking, yet even that thought is not motivating me to get out of bed! Does this happen to anyone else, or just me? Why does this happen?
Thanks!
I felt the exact same as you! I'm doing my GCSES and got into the bad habit on procrastinating and just accepting failure lol. what I did was I made the revision less daunting for example write down what topics are going to be in the exam. this will mean you won't feel so overwhelmed because you'll know there's a limit to the content you'll be covering. then tick topics off as you revise them and tell yourself 'I'm gonna do Hal an hour of English then relax' . don't cram in revision! also find a revision method that works for you that isn't boring. good luck!
INeedHelp543
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
lmao i have 2 mocks tomorrow and im just stressed about them and havent actually revised for any of them and i fr cant fail them- as much as i really want to revise my body just cant- like im procastinating so bad and ik im gonna flop- plsss imma stay up till 5 am trying to revise im fr screwed
CoochieMan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Current mood. Try making a study blog. That might motivate you
Um,Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by INeedHelp543)
lmao i have 2 mocks tomorrow and im just stressed about them and havent actually revised for any of them and i fr cant fail them- as much as i really want to revise my body just cant- like im procastinating so bad and ik im gonna flop- plsss imma stay up till 5 am trying to revise im fr screwed
Omg I literally couldn't relate more, I'm so stressed but even that is not motivating me
Um,Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoochieMan)
Current mood. Try making a study blog. That might motivate you
I might actually try doing a time lapse of myself studying - a lot of people say that helps them. Thanks for the advice!
Um,Bridge
Rep:
?
(Original post by cheese toes)
I felt the exact same as you! I'm doing my GCSES and got into the bad habit on procrastinating and just accepting failure lol. what I did was I made the revision less daunting for example write down what topics are going to be in the exam. this will mean you won't feel so overwhelmed because you'll know there's a limit to the content you'll be covering. then tick topics off as you revise them and tell yourself 'I'm gonna do Hal an hour of English then relax' . don't cram in revision! also find a revision method that works for you that isn't boring. good luck!
I will definitely try doing a to do list - perhaps approaching content in smaller chunks will seem less daunting. Thanks for the advice and good luck!
CoochieMan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Um,Bridge)
I might actually try doing a time lapse of myself studying - a lot of people say that helps them. Thanks for the advice!
Yup I do that too! It motivates me to revise and keeps me on track when I do revise. Good luck!
olivka
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I had the exact same problem. I couldn’t stop procrastinating because I preferred to be upset about not doing it then actually doing it. It was easier. But then one day I stood up, just picked up some books and it kind of just flowed from there.

You’ll definitely do great!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Today on TSR

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (356)
56.15%
I don't have everything I need (278)
43.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise