The Student Room Group

What advice would you give to your 24 year old self?

Providing you’re older than 24 😆

Scroll to see replies

I am 24. This is a partial list-

Do not hesitate
Stop wasting time
Get exercise
Make smiling a habit
Be cheerful always
Be grateful this one is hard
Have a hobby
Find things to do
Eat
Sleep
Breathe in and out
Be open minded
Never lie
Stay healthy
Talk to others
Practice oral hygiene
Train your mind to be active
Don't give up
Reply 3
Original post by bones-mccoy
Don't give up

On?
I know the snowman looks good, but don't do something to it. It's never ended well, it isn't going to end well, and the doctor is just going to stare at you oddly again as the nurse facepalms.
Original post by Anonymous
On?

Just in general but also getting onto an MSc course
Original post by Callicious
I know the snowman looks good, but don't do something to it. It's never ended well, it isn't going to end well, and the doctor is just going to stare at you oddly again as the nurse facepalms.

This needs an explanation...
Study harder.
Put yourself out of your comfort zone.
You are good enough.
Original post by Anonymous
Providing you’re older than 24 😆

lol

Be patient and remain patient
Do not live in a rut
Always trust your gut instinct.
Act on your feelings and listen when they are telling you that something is very wrong.
Corbyn derangement syndrome is real and has unhinged quite a few friends from all different sides of the political spectrum.
Don't be naive about recognising the overwhelming temptation that a funded mba place represents to someone who has been opportunistic since primary school.
Never set foot on a boat that contains all the toxic coworkers who consider being vicious troublemakers at work an amusing part of the job description.
Remember that dogs are often better at sniffing out nasty people than humans are.
Wear tights, a long sleeved top and jumper when feeding ill mannered cats with sharp claws.
Wear a condom.
You deserve better than this/things won't always be like this. Also, have hope, for help is coming (albeit a bit of a way off) :moon:

(Am 32 now)
What he did to you was very wrong. I know it's hard to believe because he is not a bad person but he knew very well that he was wrong to do that and is lying to himself when he convinces himself otherwise (if he didn't, he would not be apologising to you years later). Regardless of the moral side, splitting up was absolutely the right thing to do.
Original post by DiddyDec
This needs an explanation...

This forum isn't 18+ so I can't give one, I'm afraid. Let's just say that copulating with snow never ends well.
This forum isn't 18+ so I can't give one, I'm afraid. Let's just say that copulating with snow never ends well.

Snowbabies? Snowherpes?

:erm:

Snow might look soft but it can give you some nasty friction burns.
I'm not sure you know cats that well... Surely you are the cat's accessory?
Original post by YaliaV123
Snowbabies? Snowherpes?

Frostbite!
Original post by black tea
Frostbite!

That’s slightly more realistic
Become an electrician vs. going to Uni. Plus, train for Olys 'cause u become a really good 10K runner in your 30's. And lastly, don't be so damn loyal to gf's that don't deserve u👍

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending