How to tell a guy to “lay off”

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
At work there is this one guy who has become friends with me recently and we talk sometimes. He’s nice and funny (slightly creepy at times tho) but overall he makes work slightly more enjoyable.

I want to state that I do not like him. I’m not one bit attracted to him. I’m just his friend and nothing more.

But he has a crush on me. I’ve had countless coworkers come up to me during the past few days saying things like ‘rumour has it xxx likes you’ and I’m just so done with the drama.

I usually ignore him at work and he is always the one to approach me. He’s been spending his breaks with me as well. I don’t want to make it sound rude but I just want him to lay off a bit. Get the distance back.

How do I do that? I don’t want to straight up rejected him and make things awkward.
username5500708
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
At work there is this one guy who has become friends with me recently and we talk sometimes. He’s nice and funny (slightly creepy at times tho) but overall he makes work slightly more enjoyable.

I want to state that I do not like him. I’m not one bit attracted to him. I’m just his friend and nothing more.

But he has a crush on me. I’ve had countless coworkers come up to me during the past few days saying things like ‘rumour has it xxx likes you’ and I’m just so done with the drama.

I usually ignore him at work and he is always the one to approach me. He’s been spending his breaks with me as well. I don’t want to make it sound rude but I just want him to lay off a bit. Get the distance back.

How do I do that? I don’t want to straight up rejected him and make things awkward.
He's clearly lusty...as most guys are. As a female you just gotta be straight up because most guys are terrible at interpreting female desires...or lack of desires. 👀
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
i need friends
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ask the coworker to tell him you’re not up for it. Try to engage with others during the breaks to reduce him crowding you. Flirt with others or mention a love interest or fictional boyfriend. Hopefully he’ll get the message. If he does ask you out have a friend zoning polite rejection ready.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (199)
57.68%
I don't have everything I need (146)
42.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed