Waiting to apply to get better UCAS grades before applying

Watch
Aidan2411
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, right now my UCAS grades are AAB, but would like them to be AAA. to get it increased I have to get an A in my mock exam in a fortnight. two of the unis I am hoping to apply to are AAA so is it worth waiting to see if I can get my grade increased as I have heard the later you apply the worse chance you get of getting an offer. especially as if I don't get this grade I am just waisting time

thanks
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lots of unis are giving out lots of offers right now so do make your final decision soon. I would say just apply with 2 which are AAA and 2 AAB and one under AAB. Those AAA unis might still accept you. Its very dependent on how competitive the course is tbh. Good luck!
Aidan2411
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by .2.0.0.3.)
Lots of unis are giving out lots of offers right now so do make your final decision soon. I would say just apply with 2 which are AAA and 2 AAB and one under AAB. Those AAA unis might still accept you. Its very dependent on how competitive the course is tbh. Good luck!
thankyou, what would you suggest
Kemi.B
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aidan2411)
Hi, right now my UCAS grades are AAB, but would like them to be AAA. to get it increased I have to get an A in my mock exam in a fortnight. two of the unis I am hoping to apply to are AAA so is it worth waiting to see if I can get my grade increased as I have heard the later you apply the worse chance you get of getting an offer. especially as if I don't get this grade I am just waisting time

thanks
If you're applying for a UG course, then the deadline to be guaranteed of being considered is Jan 15th. If you get your mocks before this then you'll still be in for a chance of applying before the deadline. After that deadline, you'll need to gain uni's permissions directly to apply as they may not consider you i.e make you unsuccessful upon submission. There's no rush, anyone applying before Jan 15th at 18:00 will have a guarantee of being considered.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

thanks
There’s no difference to your chances of an offer whether you apply in September or January as long as you meet the deadline. Universities don’t “run out” of offers.

Wait until after the mock but make sure you have done everything else needed for your application so that there’s no delays from your school.
Tashax2
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

thanks
It depends how long your school takes to check the application my schools deadline was the 22nd of November to get a guarantee send off by the ucas deadline. I submitted mine on the 5th of November and it got to ucas on 1st of December
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (233)
56.42%
I don't have everything I need (180)
43.58%

Watched Threads