shaniqaalololol
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
this year i learnt that i want to study diagnostic radiography in uni but unfortunately i am not studying any science a levels (but do social science/geo if that counts).
I have tried looking for foundation year but they also require a science. Please let me know any unis that dont require for science a levels or have foundation year ( only found plymouth, bcm, lsbu) .
Or can I do nursing then radiology postgraduate?
Would i also need radiography specific work experience?

Thanks
Emily~3695
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
After a very quick look I saw that Birmingham city uni has a foundation year in health sciences and after that you can progress onto a scientific degree (including diagnostic radiography), there are probably lots of other unis like this so you should probably be able to find some, work experience would be good but obviously at the moment that’s impossible so I wouldn’t worry about it. Good luck
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Because nursing is so vastly different to radiography, I wouldn’t recommend studying nursing unless your goal is to become a nurse at the end of it. Nursing degrees are professional courses leading to Nursing & Midwifery Council registration & thus don’t tend to lend themselves very well to other career options.
MinnieW09
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could look at doing a foundation course, that doenst require science- keele might do one, lots of unis offer them, you'll need to check the entry requirements. Or look at an access to HE course that would meet the requirements.

As for work experience, hard atm to get work experience in a Radiography department due to covid but worth trying to get and if you cant look for other opportunities
Last edited by MinnieW09; 1 month ago
shaniqaalololol
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by moosec)
Because nursing is so vastly different to radiography, I wouldn’t recommend studying nursing unless your goal is to become a nurse at the end of it. Nursing degrees are professional courses leading to Nursing & Midwifery Council registration & thus don’t tend to lend themselves very well to other career options.
oh okay thanks, i have work experience in nursing - would this be enough for radiography course?
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shaniqaalololol)
oh okay thanks, i have work experience in nursing - would this be enough for radiography course?
That’s something to discuss with the uni’s admissions tend to be on an individual basis
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nursing and radiography are two different degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (147)
62.29%
I don't have everything I need (89)
37.71%

Watched Threads