Conflicted Crush

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
To be honest I just want to write out my anxieties right now and send it away, but you are more than welcome to reply with an opinion on the situtation haha.
So, I have had this crush on this guy at my uni for maybe about a year. I didn't have much confidence last year to make any moves on him or create a friendship so I left it. He invited me to his party at the start of the year (before covid) and it was really fun, I wasn't really focused on him too much at this point because I had been having other things with other people. However, he was quite flirty and apparently was trying to dance with me but I was far too drunk to notice, he even ended up giving me his hat to keep. It was overall great !!
Obviously Lockdown happened and I didn't hear from him or see him, we texted maybe twice? And it was cool but he isn't a big phone person so I didn't really expect much. I had also gained a lot of confidence within myself, I found some self worth, whereas I guess I always depending on male validation along with just wanting everyone to like me - whilst not liking myself.
Anyway cut to september and I moved back to where I study, I bought something he put up online and he hand delivered it. I invited him for coffee and we chatted, it was super nice. I had kind of forgotten about my crush but I saw him and it all kinda came back again. I eventually asked him if he wanted to go out for coffee with me - and he said yeah! He did kind of mention that we should do uni work together, so it didn't feel datey.
When we met for coffee he was really sweet, attentive, he asked to make this a regular thing and then I had drinks with him and some friends afterwards. It was super nice. Since then we have met every weekend, he even invited me over to make pizza with him at his flat.
I am really conflicted on how I should proceed with this "relationship". We are both from the same city and will be going back soon for Christmas, we did make vague plans to meet over Christmas but I am not sure if that will happen without me always asking to meet and making those first inital steps to do things with him.
I really don't want to annoy him by constantly asking to meet, but I know if he didn't want to hang out with me he would've avoided meeting at least.
I guess when it comes down to it, I have a huge fear of being vunerable and showing how I feel in case I get rejected. I want to move past this, if I get rejected? So what! I am still me, and still doing okay.
I hate the way I deal with crushes. I romanticise them far too much, even to the point where I can't look them in the eye. AHH I don't know, I just needed to vent.
Hope you had a giggle reading this, as I feel like I am 12 again.
AnnaBananana
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You kinda need to know if he views you as a mate to hang out with or as a potential relationship i guess, it’s not that clear from what you’ve written
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by AnnaBananana)
You kinda need to know if he views you as a mate to hang out with or as a potential relationship i guess, it’s not that clear from what you’ve written
the only reason it isn't clear is because i do not know ahahah so you are definitely right.
AnnaBananana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe ask him if there’s anyone he likes?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AnnaBananana)
Maybe ask him if there’s anyone he likes?
What if you are his gf spying on hmmm
AnnaBananana
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hahaha doubt it. Been with my boyf three years
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (249)
57.37%
I don't have everything I need (185)
42.63%

Watched Threads