The Student Room Group

Can I get student finance after Brexit if I request a Leave of Abscence?

Hello, I am planning to return to university next year, since the coronavirus pandemic and lockdowns are not an ideal situation for me. I am a European student, so If I return to uni again next year, am I going to be able to get funding for student finance? It has been stated that EU students that start their courses next year are not going to be able to apply for student loans, so I am not sure if i'd be restarting again my course if I do a Leave of Abscence... Can someone help me?
Original post by anon71
Hello, I am planning to return to university next year, since the coronavirus pandemic and lockdowns are not an ideal situation for me. I am a European student, so If I return to uni again next year, am I going to be able to get funding for student finance? It has been stated that EU students that start their courses next year are not going to be able to apply for student loans, so I am not sure if i'd be restarting again my course if I do a Leave of Abscence... Can someone help me?

Hi, if you suspended your studies you will be classed as a returning applicant and will continue receiving funding. If you withdrew or you are starting as a new student then you won't be able to apply for EU funding, you will need to meet the eligibility criteria for SFE funding. Do you have EU Settled Status?
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending