lclarke23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm taking Maths, Physics and English lit&lang at a level and am pretty sure i would like to do a science based degree. Obviously i cant do medicine since i didn't take either chemistry or biology. Is Medical Physics a good option? Or maybe Biophysics? I would like to work in a hospital but not sure the best route or degrees to get and haven't heard of anyone taking either of those courses.
University of Salford
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lclarke23)
I'm taking Maths, Physics and English lit&lang at a level and am pretty sure i would like to do a science based degree. Obviously i cant do medicine since i didn't take either chemistry or biology. Is Medical Physics a good option? Or maybe Biophysics? I would like to work in a hospital but not sure the best route or degrees to get and haven't heard of anyone taking either of those courses.
Hi lclarke23,

Are you interested in using science to work with people (in a healthcare role) , or using science to work in, for example, a lab (as a "scientist")? I think having a think about this should help you focus your search a little more. Of course there are lots of pathways and cross-over careers, so its not always as clear cut as people vs things.

However, if you like physics and maths, and do want to work with people, two suggestions for courses that we offer would be Diagnostic Radiography or Prosthetics and Orthotics.

Have you taken the careers quiz on the NHS website? They also have this Healthcare Science brochure which looks like a good read as well.

Good luck with your research and I'm happy to answer any further queries you might have!

Alison
University of Salford
lclarke23
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Salford)
Hi lclarke23,

Are you interested in using science to work with people (in a healthcare role) , or using science to work in, for example, a lab (as a "scientist")? I think having a think about this should help you focus your search a little more. Of course there are lots of pathways and cross-over careers, so its not always as clear cut as people vs things.

However, if you like physics and maths, and do want to work with people, two suggestions for courses that we offer would be Diagnostic Radiography or Prosthetics and Orthotics.

Have you taken the careers quiz on the NHS website? They also have this Healthcare Science brochure which looks like a good read as well.

Good luck with your research and I'm happy to answer any further queries you might have!

Alison
University of Salford
thanks so much! yes, im going to look into those!
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Biotechnology https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...technology-BSc
Medical Physics Technology https://www.cumbria.ac.uk/study/cour...hcare-science/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (134)
61.47%
I don't have everything I need (84)
38.53%

Watched Threads