Am I doing enough things outside of uni in terms of my CV

Watch
workingalways
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Right now I am averaging a first, I am the president of a small charity focused society, and I am about to start working a part-time job as a cashier. I know it's not a lot but I don't think I can handle much more in terms of time commitments.
workingalways
Rep:
?
Oh yea, and I also have a website that has a portfolio of some short stories and poems that I have written. Perhaps that is relevant from a CV perspective?
blogr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by workingalways)
Right now I am averaging a first, I am the president of a small charity focused society, and I am about to start working a part-time job as a cashier. I know it's not a lot but I don't think I can handle much more in terms of time commitments.
Sounds like you're doing great things! Having a blog as a student is beneficial in terms of employment and achievements. This can help you showcase your skills, knowledge and passions for a particular topic! @helloblogr on Instagram is where we share tips and tricks to get into blogging
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey workingalways!

These things sound great!
They definitely demonstrate your ability to manage your time as well as incorporating leadership skills which will be extremely valuable when getting a graduate job after uni
You are also growing your customer service and interpersonal skills - so definitely proving yourself to be a potential strong candidate for any future jobs!

Keep up with the good work!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
workingalways
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey workingalways!

These things sound great!
They definitely demonstrate your ability to manage your time as well as incorporating leadership skills which will be extremely valuable when getting a graduate job after uni
You are also growing your customer service and interpersonal skills - so definitely proving yourself to be a potential strong candidate for any future jobs!

Keep up with the good work!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
That's good to hear, thanks!
University of Bradford
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

This is all great

How about contributing to your uni's blog? Or creating vlogs for their YouTube or social media takeovers for Instagram? Something where you don't have to commit too much of your time, you can just create something once in a while when you have an idea! You could even start your own blog, write for online magazines, think about becoming a student ambassador and get involved in any events on campus?

It's great to hear you're so enthusiastic to improve your CV

I wish you the very best of luck with your uni experience!

Becky
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (293)
55.7%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.3%

Watched Threads