Getting into marketing with no experience!

Watch
blogr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
You don't need a marketing degree or prior experience to get into marketing!

The first step you can take is to create a marketing blog! This can either be your own website or an Instagram blog page. This allows you to learn from others in your field and to showcase your skills and knowledge off to potential employers.

Did you know 80% of employers will look at an applicants social media pages as part of the onboarding process? Well, your marketing blog can make you stand out from the crowd and highlight your passion for the subject.

@helloblogr on Instagram is a page to guide you through blogging, and we offer tips and tricks, support and recommendations to helping you achieve your goals.

Do you have a marketing blog? If so, let us know what it's called!
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is interesting
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by blogr)
Y

Did you know 80% of employers will look at an applicants social media pages as part of the onboarding process?
Where did you get this figure from? It's a marketing specific thing presumably?
DuckDodgers
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Start a blog sure but then join a bigger website or volunteer with local businesses/charities/art organisations.

These will offer you much better opportunities for developing the skills you need to work in marketing.
Last edited by DuckDodgers; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (289)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.21%

Watched Threads