The Student Room Group

Some Advice Please

Hey guys,

I recently became official with my new girlfriend at university. While I had met her in the past and chatted to her on a couple of occasions at sports social events, we only started properly talking during lockdown. When we came back to uni in September, things took off really quickly and we got on really well, started hooking up and a couple months later we both wanted to date officially.

One thing that has started playing on my mind a little is that I know one of my friends (not a close friend but a friend I have known for 2 years now) slept with this girl on a couple of times last year. I was aware of this at the time because he mentioned it to me but obviously, I thought nothing of it since I was seeing somebody else. However, it has started to play on my mind, even though I know it shouldn't. Back in January of this year, she messaged him to suggest that he sleep over. I love my girlfriend and she loves me a lot too, and both of us have told each other that we've changed a lot since lockdown hit (she hasn't messaged my friend since February). Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? She has never explicitly told me that she slept with him although I think she assumes that I know.

I'm a chronic overthinker and don't want this to interfere in any way. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey guys,

I recently became official with my new girlfriend at university. While I had met her in the past and chatted to her on a couple of occasions at sports social events, we only started properly talking during lockdown. When we came back to uni in September, things took off really quickly and we got on really well, started hooking up and a couple months later we both wanted to date officially.

One thing that has started playing on my mind a little is that I know one of my friends (not a close friend but a friend I have known for 2 years now) slept with this girl on a couple of times last year. I was aware of this at the time because he mentioned it to me but obviously, I thought nothing of it since I was seeing somebody else. However, it has started to play on my mind, even though I know it shouldn't. Back in January of this year, she messaged him to suggest that he sleep over. I love my girlfriend and she loves me a lot too, and both of us have told each other that we've changed a lot since lockdown hit (she hasn't messaged my friend since February). Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? She has never explicitly told me that she slept with him although I think she assumes that I know.

I'm a chronic overthinker and don't want this to interfere in any way. Thanks!

Do you 100% trust your girlfriend?
Reply 2
Original post by nataliegorenx
Do you 100% trust your girlfriend?

Yeah I do, there's been nothing to suggest that I shouldn't trust her. We get on so well and I've met a couple of her family members already too
If you trust her, you have to let go of the past. She cant change anything- bare in mind too that its you she wants not him. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by nataliegorenx
If you trust her, you have to let go of the past. She cant change anything- bare in mind too that its you she wants not him. :smile:

Yeah that's so true. I took a while to let go of my past relationship so obviously it's just a trait of mine that I tend to cling onto/overthink things from the past. Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah that's so true. I took a while to let go of my past relationship so obviously it's just a trait of mine that I tend to cling onto/overthink things from the past. Thanks

I really hope everything goes well with you two! No worries

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending