What religion/belief system am I?

Watch
Noiros
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I recently left a major world religion and naturally went straight to agnostic atheism. But lack of belief in God and the afterlife was very depressing. Now I would say I don't know if I believe whether God or Heaven exists (honestly though my instinct is no) but I choose to believe in God and Heaven because there's a chance it might and it's also so much better for mental health when you can pray to God and believe you'll be reunited with your loved ones. Trouble is, what belief system is this?!
Last edited by Noiros; 1 month ago
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Denial I’d say
siodvcnseuv
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I invite you to look and study more about Islam. This is the last message that God sent to humanity through Prophet Mohammad (sw). Do your own research and don't be brain washed by what media and people tell you. Truly ask for guidance if you really want it. You have only one chance to live this life, so make the most of it. Peace
Noiros
Rep:
?
I was thinking Deism or SBNR
Geraldthegoat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say you’re agnostic, you’re open minded to all the aspects and only believe in some aspects of certain religions etc.
Noiros
Rep:
?
(Original post by Geraldthegoat)
I would say you’re agnostic, you’re open minded to all the aspects and only believe in some aspects of certain religions etc.
Agnostics just stay on the fence though right? Whereas I want to believe in God/Heaven and choose to believe yet simultaneously acknowledge that I might be (and am probably) wrong.
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do you need to put a label on yourself? You would just be exchanging one set of dogmatic beliefs for another.
Noiros
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV123)
Do you need to put a label on yourself? You would just be exchanging one set of dogmatic beliefs for another.
Don't need to but kind of want to . Plus what do I say on the next census form lol.
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Noiros)
I recently left a major world religion and naturally went straight to agnostic atheism. But lack of belief in God and the afterlife was very depressing. Now I would say I don't know if I believe whether God or Heaven exists (honestly though my instinct is no) but I choose to believe in God and Heaven because there's a chance it might and it's also so much better for mental health when you can pray to God and believe you'll be reunited with your loved ones. Trouble is, what belief system is this?!
What your saying is objectively looking at things you dont believe in religion & therefore dont identify with any church but you cling onto the principle of an afterlife could exist for peace of mind.

Id say this probably comes under the agnostic umbrella, when you accept death is death then it will be atheism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (62)
65.96%
I don't have everything I need (32)
34.04%

Watched Threads