why do lecturers keeps on repeating themselves?

Watch
MohamedAdan
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm 22 and I don't know why lecturers keeps on repeating themselves that this is not school and you supposed to take responsibility for yourself like Im already been there done that and I still keep on getting told off even through I'm not but in a group yh. Like how do I stop our teachers from repeating themselves about? ''you not at school and you an adult''
Plagioclase
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MohamedAdan)
I'm 22 and I don't know why lecturers keeps on repeating themselves that this is not school and you supposed to take responsibility for yourself like Im already been there done that and I still keep on getting told off even through I'm not but in a group yh. Like how do I stop our teachers from repeating themselves about? ''you not at school and you an adult''
Presumably they're repeating this because some of you are not behaving like adults?
kates4745
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MohamedAdan)
omg you're so right!!! we have to tell them what exactly they're doing. maybe they do not even realize it
YaliaV123
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are they repeating?
What are they repeating?

I don’t think you should say anything.
I don’t think you should say anything.
MohamedAdan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plagioclase)
Presumably they're repeating this because some of you are not behaving like adults?
Not me though, it was about coursework, not submitting and not multitasking which I already have learnt it back at college. I know that its debatable that It's our fault for letting our lecturers to keep responding but even if I do it, it's still the same results because It's a class and it's not individual.
MohamedAdan
Rep:
?
(Original post by kates4745)
omg you're so right!!! we have to tell them what exactly they're doing. maybe they do not even realize it
Well, not really because they are lecturers and here to help us, but Covid is damaging on us and mental health. But, they knew about how hard that was so I would've have personally set up a one to one appointment between me and my lecturer.
username5505032
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They do it to make sure you understand the content.
Plain1
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have been at university for over a year and I have never seen a student being told off.

If they have to repeat that then maybe it's because none of you are acting like adults.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe its aimed at other people not directly at you only
MohamedAdan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plain1)
I have been at university for over a year and I have never seen a student being told off.

If they have to repeat that then maybe it's because none of you are acting like adults.
Maybe It's that or maybe we suddenly can't get rid of habit but then i get told that I needed to forget about the habits by my lecturer an hour ago anyways, but realistic that is what we have anyways.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
One of my professors starts every sentence with 'so...'
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The minute we stop is the minute some student complains that instruction xzy was not clear enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.66%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (121)
28.88%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (159)
37.95%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.41%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed