Help working out third year (final grade)

Watch
Tiagonbear
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey,

I need help working out my final grade, different set of circumstances.

In first year I done a 50/50 criminology and law, which was worth 0%.

In second year I changed over to 75% law and 25% criminology. I also opted to do the qualifying law degree. This meant that I had to pick up a first year module in second year.

In second year- worth 25%
Law- 78% 30 credits
Law- 68% 30 credits
Criminology 59% 30 credits
Law- 80% this module is not worth anything so I completed 90 credits in year 2.

My overall grade for second year was 68.3.
However, my uni has the no detriment policy which meant they could use my grades before March 22nd 2020 which work out to be 75% this is not including my module that is worth nothing.

In third its worth 75%
Law module- 30 credits
Law module- 30 credits
Law module- 30 credits
Criminology module- 15 credits
Criminology module- 15 credits.

I have not received any grades for third year as of yet, I need help calculated what I would need in third year to get a first or second.

Also I have 20 spare credits from third year in which 10 credits are used for my calculation for second year to account for the module that was not graded.

Can someone help me out to work out what estimate grade I would need, with taking in consideration all the elements I stated.

Thank you
Last edited by Tiagonbear; 1 month ago
Cdhelp
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Literally type uni grade calculator on google and type the figures in
Arden University
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

There are a variety of calculators all over the internet that would help you work out your gradings, examples are below...
https://gradehub.io/
https://www.gradecalc.co.uk/
alternatively, your university should send you details of your overall grades for the year at some point so you may just want to wait out for that

Toni,
Student Ambassador
Tiagonbear
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arden University)
Hi there,

There are a variety of calculators all over the internet that would help you work out your gradings, examples are below...
https://gradehub.io/
https://www.gradecalc.co.uk/
alternatively, your university should send you details of your overall grades for the year at some point so you may just want to wait out for that

Toni,
Student Ambassador
As you can see my degree is something you can't just put in a calculator. My second year is 90 credits his do I work out 110 credits for third year. 10 credit which go to second year?
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tiagonbear)
As you can see my degree is something you can't just put in a calculator. My second year is 90 credits his do I work out 110 credits for third year. 10 credit which go to second year?
You may have to ask your university to explain how they will calculate your marks.

The important thing is to ensure that you're going to receive enough credits to qualify for the degree you're studying. You normally have to complete 120 credits in each year.

Your university's regulations will spell out the requirements. It's normally X number of credits at level 4, Y credits at level 5, and Z credits at level 6. (Levels 4, 5, 6 correspond to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of a bachelor's degree.) You don't want to get to the end of your final year and discover that you haven't received enough credits to graduate.

You say that there was a second-year module that "was not worth anything". I think you need to establish what's going on with this. Did it not count at all (i.e. were you not awarded credits), or did they convert it to being a "pass/fail" assessment rather than recording a percentage mark?
Tiagonbear
Rep:
?
(Original post by martin7)
You may have to ask your university to explain how they will calculate your marks.

The important thing is to ensure that you're going to receive enough credits to qualify for the degree you're studying. You normally have to complete 120 credits in each year.

Your university's regulations will spell out the requirements. It's normally X number of credits at level 4, Y credits at level 5, and Z credits at level 6. (Levels 4, 5, 6 correspond to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year of a bachelor's degree.) You don't want to get to the end of your final year and discover that you haven't received enough credits to graduate.

You say that there was a second-year module that "was not worth anything". I think you need to establish what's going on with this. Did it not count at all (i.e. were you not awarded credits), or did they convert it to being a "pass/fail" assessment rather than recording a percentage mark?
Hiya,

They have explained it I completed 120 credits in year 2 but only 90 credits counted towards my grade. As I done a first year module in year 2 because I am studying the qualifying law degree.

In third year I will complete 120 credits- 100 credits will go towards my final grade. The other spare 20 credits, 10 will go towards my second year overall grade so I would of have 100 credits in year 2 and year 3.

It is confusing because I converted to qualifying law degree course. I will definitely have enough credits to graduate just need help on calculated my grades.

The lecturers don't tell you how to work out your grade until the end of the academic year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads