royal mail parcel to europe

Watch
Elle666
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i sent a parcel to france from uk with international standard service at royal mail , my barcode doesnt work for tracking the parcel and im unable to phone post office to ask the delivery time. it says 3-5 days online but it hasnt arrived to destination yet. could this be due to covid and delays , if so how much longer do u think itll take for parcel to get there ?
BabyStitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elle666)
i sent a parcel to france from uk with international standard service at royal mail , my barcode doesnt work for tracking the parcel and im unable to phone post office to ask the delivery time. it says 3-5 days online but it hasnt arrived to destination yet. could this be due to covid and delays , if so how much longer do u think itll take for parcel to get there ?
Which country are you sending it to? Maybe it's stuck at customs perhaps?
martin7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elle666)
i sent a parcel to france from uk with international standard service at royal mail , my barcode doesnt work for tracking the parcel and im unable to phone post office to ask the delivery time. it says 3-5 days online
It says 3-5 working days, which might affect your calculations (I assume working days means Monday-Friday). What day did you post it?

but it hasnt arrived to destination yet. could this be due to covid and delays , if so how much longer do u think itll take for parcel to get there ?
It's entirely possible that there's some additional delay due to Covid. Also, bear in mind that the 3-5 working days is an aim, and that once it has left the UK it's outside of the control and influence of Royal Mail.

Was the parcel clearly and correctly addressed? Was it correctly packed? Was there a return address on the parcel?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by martin7)
It says 3-5 working days, which might affect your calculations (I assume working days means Monday-Friday). What day did you post it?

It's entirely possible that there's some additional delay due to Covid. Also, bear in mind that the 3-5 working days is an aim, and that once it has left the UK it's outside of the control and influence of Royal Mail.

Was the parcel clearly and correctly addressed? Was it correctly packed? Was there a return address on the parcel?
yes address was correct with return address nd it was accepted at post so i believe it was correctly packed
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BabyStitch)
Which country are you sending it to? Maybe it's stuck at customs perhaps?
stated in post: France
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
posted in a tuesday

(Original post by martin7)

(Original post by Anonymous)
yes address was correct with return address nd it was accepted at post so i believe it was correctly packed
posted on a tuesday
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you posted it last Tuesday, there is still time - 5 days after posting will be Tuesday coming.
Hugh's Swan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sometimes you have to go onto the country’s tracking system e.g for the US you switch to USPS the US postal service, to get further information. If it gets lost you can ask the Post Office to follow it up if there is a tracking number.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kerzen)
If you posted it last Tuesday, there is still time - 5 days after posting will be Tuesday coming.
posted 24th nov
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (294)
55.79%
I don't have everything I need (233)
44.21%

Watched Threads