The Student Room Group

Are these good A-Level choices?

Hey! I think I've decided on my A-levels however I am super indecisive and afraid I'll make the wrong decision and I'd just like some advice from people who have done/ or are doing their A-Levels. Thanks so much!

My choices are: German, Politics, Economics, English (which I will swap with or drop with Politics or Economics)

Some background: My strongest grades are in English and I enjoy writing a lot.
I have pretty good grades in math but I don't enjoy it very much.
I'm pretty much set on German.
I find Politics and Economics super interesting. But I didn't do Economics GCSE (I did Geography which is also one of my strongest subjects and we covered some aspects).
Idk if this is very relevant but I have ambitions of working in law, government or higher education.

I'm worried this will be too much of a workload or that universities won't like my choice of subjects.

Thanks so much for helping me out!
Original post by fizzzle
Hey! I think I've decided on my A-levels however I am super indecisive and afraid I'll make the wrong decision and I'd just like some advice from people who have done/ or are doing their A-Levels. Thanks so much!

My choices are: German, Politics, Economics, English (which I will swap with or drop with Politics or Economics)

Some background: My strongest grades are in English and I enjoy writing a lot.
I have pretty good grades in math but I don't enjoy it very much.
I'm pretty much set on German.
I find Politics and Economics super interesting. But I didn't do Economics GCSE (I did Geography which is also one of my strongest subjects and we covered some aspects).
Idk if this is very relevant but I have ambitions of working in law, government or higher education.

I'm worried this will be too much of a workload or that universities won't like my choice of subjects.

Thanks so much for helping me out!

Pick the subjects you enjoy and can get the highest grades in with least effort.
If you have certain degrees in mind, then check entry requirements.

Quick Reply

Latest