why do neutrinos ONly take part in the weak interaction?

Watch
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
?

thanks
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well let's look at the other interactions: they can interact via gravity but their masses are so tiny it doesn't mean much, they can't interact via electromagnetism because they're electrically neutral. So that leaves the strong and weak forces.

Pretty much copying off the wikipedia page for the strong force because I didn't really know much about this: the strong force is carried by gluons, and they only interact between quarks and other gluons.

Though I guess this just shifts the question down to "why do gluons only interact between quarks and other gluons", but I'm not going to pretend to have any idea where to begin answering that.
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Sinnoh)
Well let's look at the other interactions: they can interact via gravity but their masses are so tiny it doesn't mean much, they can't interact via electromagnetism because they're electrically neutral. So that leaves the strong and weak forces.

Pretty much copying off the wikipedia page for the strong force because I didn't really know much about this: the strong force is carried by gluons, and they only interact between quarks and other gluons.

Though I guess this just shifts the question down to "why do gluons only interact between quarks and other gluons", but I'm not going to pretend to have any idea where to begin answering that.
aha kk thank you for u response tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads