Would a women find this stalkerish behaviour?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got on very well with a woman but then one day I texted a woman and no reply, so waited 3 days and texted again, no reply, so 3 days later I sent a joke text (because we used to joke phrase each other) saying 'if you are "taken" then let me know as I've been dying to go Liam Neeson on somebody', no reply so straight after I sent a message saying 'I don't want you to vanish, of like you in my life' she replied saying she would talk to me later, I called and no answer, so I said 'i won't bother you anymore'.
A week went by and I told her my brother died she said she was sorry to hear this, I then said 'i understand if you want past in past and no longer want to speak with me' and she said 'ive moved on from speaking to another on that level to be honest' I asked if she still wanted to keep in touch and she said 'ofcourse'.
It's been 2 weeks and I haven't contacted her again and do not have plans too.
But I'm just worried that she may have found me stalkerish. Even though I never repeated phoned or texted her, instead waiting days, and I obviously never turned up at her house or jobs etc.

But I'm still worried she may have seen me like that.
Mr.Lacario
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Apart from you not taking the hint...
I don't think you have done anything wrong and I wouldn't see why this women would feel in danger from how you acted, at worst she probably just thinks you are a bit daft for not taking the hint that she's not interested.

P.S. that Liam Neeson joke was naff, what were you thinking?...
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Perhaps not stalkerish, just very weird. She didnt reply to your first text for three days, then for another three days, and then again did not reply. Take a hint dude.
StopRightThere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As a woman, I don't think this would be considered "stalkish" behavior. It's good that you waited in between your texts, but after the second text, you should have taken the hint as she's not interested in you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by LovelyMrFox)
Perhaps not stalkerish, just very weird. She didnt reply to your first text for three days, then for another three days, and then again did not reply. Take a hint dude.
Aye
Anonymous #1
(Original post by StopRightThere)
As a woman, I don't think this would be considered "stalkish" behavior. It's good that you waited in between your texts, but after the second text, you should have taken the hint as she's not interested in you.
Oh no. I never kept texting her all day, nor did I keep phoning her all day. I certainly didn't set out to make her uncomfortable and made sure my actions didn't. Or so I hope they didn't..
BabyStitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just move on - she doesn't seem interested. It's fair enough being busy but it takes seconds to reply, so if she uses that as an excuse it's really unacceptable. It's not "stalkerish" behaviour what you did.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BabyStitch)
Just move on - she doesn't seem interested. It's fair enough being busy but it takes seconds to reply, so if she uses that as an excuse it's really unacceptable. It's not "stalkerish" behaviour what you did.
Thanks. Yeah I didn't think it was either, just overthinking I guess.
Basically she says she goes through depression spells, she told me that her 'head isn't in it' regarding dating.
But Im not going to contact anymore, perhaps she might me if I give her space.
Jamie Adrian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think you are fine
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Jamie Adrian)
i think you are fine
Thanks
Mr.Lacario
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically she says she goes through depression spells, she told me that her 'head isn't in it' regarding dating.
Maybe (just MAYBE...) She might be telling the truth, who knows. She may reach out in a couple of months, but don't be the one to contact her.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got on very well with a woman but then one day I texted a woman and no reply, so waited 3 days and texted again, no reply, so 3 days later I sent a joke text (because we used to joke phrase each other) saying 'if you are "taken" then let me know as I've been dying to go Liam Neeson on somebody', no reply so straight after I sent a message saying 'I don't want you to vanish, of like you in my life' she replied saying she would talk to me later, I called and no answer, so I said 'i won't bother you anymore'.
A week went by and I told her my brother died she said she was sorry to hear this, I then said 'i understand if you want past in past and no longer want to speak with me' and she said 'ive moved on from speaking to another on that level to be honest' I asked if she still wanted to keep in touch and she said 'ofcourse'.
It's been 2 weeks and I haven't contacted her again and do not have plans too.
But I'm just worried that she may have found me stalkerish. Even though I never repeated phoned or texted her, instead waiting days, and I obviously never turned up at her house or jobs etc.

But I'm still worried she may have seen me like that.
Stop worrying, it's all in the past. Just move on.
BabyStitch
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
She might be telling telling the truth - some people are not ready for relationships, or don't want commitment. So, I would just stop talking to her and see where it goes.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stalkerish? No. You persevered, she made it clear she wasn't interested, you stopped bothering her. I wouldn't worry
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Stalkerish? No. You persevered, she made it clear she wasn't interested, you stopped bothering her. I wouldn't worry
Thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by BabyStitch)
She might be telling telling the truth - some people are not ready for relationships, or don't want commitment. So, I would just stop talking to her and see where it goes.
Yes I'm hoping she may come round. I'm hoping it's the truth and that when she gets her head together she come back
FingersXedAgain
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You aren’t a stalker. You were keen so gave her plenty of chances in case she was just busy or preoccupied. She isn’t interested so move on.

That being said, the best way to avoid this in future is to talk to plenty of other women. It’s a numbers game. Talk to 20 different girls and one will bite. And you won’t feel tempted to chase ones that don’t want caught. Problem solved.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by FingersXedAgain)
You aren’t a stalker. You were keen so gave her plenty of chances in case she was just busy or preoccupied. She isn’t interested so move on.

That being said, the best way to avoid this in future is to talk to plenty of other women. It’s a numbers game. Talk to 20 different girls and one will bite. And you won’t feel tempted to chase ones that don’t want caught. Problem solved.
Yeah, maybe I'm not the same guy I was, or who she thought I was. Shame because she once loved me and started off very enthusiastic when she reached out to me again
Mr.Lacario
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, maybe I'm not the same guy I was, or who she thought I was. Shame because she once loved me and started off very enthusiastic when she reached out to me again
Just chill...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mr.Lacario)
Just chill...
Maybe with a brandy lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.1%
I don't have everything I need (169)
43.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise