Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all

I am apply for biochem this year and i was wondering what kind of questions people were being asked at their interviews?

I am probably going to apply to st johns, but any help from any of the colleges would be great

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Lots and lots and lots of questions about basic things like what makes a carboxylic acid and an alkine etc etc etc. And more applied stuff. But I still remember how pissed off the biochemists were to discover they weren't just going to be tested on how they thought (which actually is true for most subjects, but not biochem). So make sure you're ****** hot on your organic chem!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It really depends on your college, im not sure what johns is like. There will be basically a level standard stuff which they then extend to stuff you dont know but thats to see how you think. Also, Bekaboo said you need to hot on organic, but again that depends on your college. I know jesus do do quite an organic interview, however i (at exeter) didnt have any organic in my interview. It was purely biological.

Any further qs, feel free to PM me.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.