user515182
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi. I would probably apply to a physician associate studies MSc following my undergraduate BSc.

I like the concept/modules of pharmacology more than those of biomedical science since its a more specific area rather than just a bit of everything (I applied to both).

Also, I know many of my friends who are applying/applied to medicine put biomedical science as their 5th choice - whereas students who go on to pharmacology ACTUALLY want to do it?

the entry requirements for PA courses are stated as "You'll usually need a bioscience-related first degree to get onto one of the training programmes available."
University of Manchester says: "This may include the life sciences (e.g. biomedical science, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, healthcare science) or allied health professions (e.g. pharmacy, audiology, nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy)." - where does pharmacology stand in this? does it count?

if you are/know anybody who did pharmacology as an undergrad and went on to study PA course - please let me know!
Thank youu
Last edited by user515182; 1 month ago
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by user515182)
Hi. I would probably apply to a physician associate studies MSc following my undergraduate BSc.

I like the concept/modules of pharmacology more than those of biomedical science since its a more specific area rather than just a bit of everything (I applied to both).

Also, I know many of my friends who are applying/applied to medicine put biomedical science as their 5th choice - whereas students who go on to pharmacology ACTUALLY want to do it?

the entry requirements for PA courses are stated as "You'll usually need a bioscience-related first degree to get onto one of the training programmes available."
University of Manchester says: "This may include the life sciences (e.g. biomedical science, biochemistry, anatomy, physiology, healthcare science) or allied health professions (e.g. pharmacy, audiology, nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy)." - where does pharmacology stand in this? does it count?

if you are/know anybody who did pharmacology as an undergrad and went on to study PA course - please let me know!
Thank youu
I would probably include pharmacology in with the life sciences fields-the lists they give in that Manchester bit were examples, it wasn't a list of every degree they accept and if its not on the list, don't bother. The best people to ask ultimately would be the universities themselves though
user515182
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by QuentinM)
I would probably include pharmacology in with the life sciences fields-the lists they give in that Manchester bit were examples, it wasn't a list of every degree they accept and if its not on the list, don't bother. The best people to ask ultimately would be the universities themselves though
Alright makes sense, thank you so much. I did check other unis and saw pharmaceutical science listed on Surrey's entry requirements - so should be fine.
QuentinM
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by user515182)
Alright makes sense, thank you so much. I did check other unis and saw pharmaceutical science listed on Surrey's entry requirements - so should be fine.
Yes if others are listing it I don't see why those that missed it out would not follow suit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (158)
59.62%
I don't have everything I need (107)
40.38%

Watched Threads