selugawi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For A levels I really want to take maths, physics and biology (and my school wants me to take a fourth). People keep telling me I should take chemistry because it links well to both physics and biology, and not taking it will hold me back from doing medicine, biology and chemistry at uni, but I wouldn't want to do those anyway. I also hate chemistry and its my worst science.
So would taking maths, physics and bio (and one more being possibly further maths) be good, or is it not work taking biology without chemistry?
Thanks!
1st superstar
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Do subjects you enjoy.
Adssuzza
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i think you should take chemistry. in my opinion it is a LOT easier than physics, especialyl when u get to year 2. If i were in ur position i would do maths and 3 sciences, then drop one after a year depending on how your finding it, and if uve decided what to do at uni
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
Do subjects you enjoy.
Spoiler:
Show
do u wanna play a quick game of among us lol

i second this
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by vix.xvi)
Spoiler:
Show
do u wanna play a quick game of among us lol

i second this
Sure
selugawi
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
Do subjects you enjoy.
Even if they're not a 'good combination' like everyone keeps telling me I need?
1st superstar
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by selugawi)
Even if they're not a 'good combination' like everyone keeps telling me I need?
ignore those people imo (even though I also I think that Bio and Physics don't go together without Chem) better to get good grades in A-levels that are not a "good combination" the poor grades in A-levels that are a "good combination".
username4851660
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought the same thing and dropped biology after a few weeks for chemistry because of this (I’m doing maths, physics, chem and FM now). I realised I enjoy biology more and I shouldn’t have dropped it. Just do what you want to do tbh.
xcvbvcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by selugawi)
For A levels I really want to take maths, physics and biology (and my school wants me to take a fourth). People keep telling me I should take chemistry because it links well to both physics and biology, and not taking it will hold me back from doing medicine, biology and chemistry at uni, but I wouldn't want to do those anyway. I also hate chemistry and its my worst science.
So would taking maths, physics and bio (and one more being possibly further maths) be good, or is it not work taking biology without chemistry?
Thanks!
take chem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (216)
56.4%
I don't have everything I need (167)
43.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise