Peter76530
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My school has sent of my ucas application today (Friday) even though on Wednesday they said they’d hold back on sending it off as I wanted higher predicted grades.

What do I do?

My predicted grades should be AAB but I wanted higher which I why it was supposed to have been held off and I have applied to 4 AAA unis and one AAB.
sorensene
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Peter, i think you can withdraw your application, if it is within 14 days of it being sent off. As my friend sent off her application and then decided to withdraw it and change subject. Although, you may still get offers from the unis where you are 1 grade short, as i have recieved 2 offers from unis that were above my predicteds. Hope it works out for you x
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can cancel the application. If you do this quickly ucas will refund you and you have the option to apply again. That means starting your application again from scratch.

It would be better for your school to contact your universities first to ask whether the lower predictions would be a problem and if so whether the university would accept amendments directly
Peter76530
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
You can cancel the application. If you do this quickly ucas will refund you and you have the option to apply again. That means starting your application again from scratch.

It would be better for your school to contact your universities first to ask whether the lower predictions would be a problem and if so whether the university would accept amendments directly
It’s only one grade off It’s only really Manchester I think is probably guaranteed rejection as it for law
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Peter76530)
It’s only one grade off It’s only really Manchester I think is probably guaranteed rejection as it for law
Get your school to contact them all on Monday and explain the situation.

Cancellation and starting from scratch is unlikely to be necessary.
Anonymously.y
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sorensene)
Hi Peter, i think you can withdraw your application, if it is within 14 days of it being sent off. As my friend sent off her application and then decided to withdraw it and change subject. Although, you may still get offers from the unis where you are 1 grade short, as i have recieved 2 offers from unis that were above my predicteds. Hope it works out for you x
How did you write your personal statement? Any suggestions?
sorensene
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When writing my personal statement, I talked about how each of my subjects at a level was good for my course. And then the subject in general, how it interested me and lastly my extra curriculars. Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads