Campaign for a Democratic TSR Watch

This discussion is closed.
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Okay. This is getting scary. When I send PMs, the people become invalid. When I reply to threads, the threads become invalid.

This is ridiculous. It is quite clear that the actions of a few people -and yes, even a few mods- have gone way past what the general person would find acceptable. Bannings, deletion, is not the way to go about things.

I consider this to be a peaceful protest, and hope that it will not be deleted, although such would simply prove me entirely right.

When someone is banned, or threads deleted in a controversial manner, I simply ask that the consensus of TSR (UKL) members should be taken into account. I am not, as yet, calling for a vote on every banning, or for elected mods. Just for some degree of accountability.

This may well be my last message: if so, consider me, and everyone else banned to be a martyr. Little Steve Bikos, and Nelson Mandelas. Fighting for a free TSR, where the freedom of speech so championed in D&D is respected.

Add The Campaign for a Democratic TSR to your signature.

We wish not for a revolution: just for our right to reply.
kikzen
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
id prefer a little violence but i guess if the majority votes peace, then

WE WISH NOT FOR A REVOLUTION; JUST FOR OUR RIGHT TO REPLY1!!!
Johnny 5
Oh, God, kikzen, I thought you were banned. I got "invalid user" when I replied to your PM.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
haha really! wow thats cool; i dunno you might have used CAPS or something. i think its case sensitive.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
since when did TSR become democratic? i was under the impression that it was an internet site set up by a particular person and run by unelected admins.. :rolleyes:

what decent threads have been deleted then?
Johnny 5
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
since when did TSR become democratic? i was under the impression that it was an internet site set up by a particular person and run by unelected admins.. :rolleyes:

what decent threads have been deleted then?
You've clearly missed them. Threads were deleted, then threads about the deleted threads were deleted, then complaints to the mod deleting the threads were deleted.

We just want a right to say what has happened, and our views, without censure.

In the words of George Orwell:
"Freedom is the freedom to say that two and two make four".
frost105
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I cant remeber a decent thread being removed.....
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Can I just point something out, the majority of you do not pay for the server nor the employment of A and you get to use UKL for free. Tell me, what rights do you think you have to UKL, how is it that you have in some way contributed to d?
Johnny 5
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Can I just point something out, the majority of you do not pay for the server nor the employment of A and you get to use UKL for free. Tell me, what rights do you think you have to UKL, how is it that you have in some way contributed to d?
If we're taking this entirely seriously: because we make him money, that's why.

Just think, mir! If the people were in charge, we could do what you wanted. You could have an anime subforum... maybe a full anime forum! You could be the mod of it! Just think, Wawarin! Join us!
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
You've clearly missed them. Threads were deleted, then threads about the deleted threads were deleted, then complaints to the mod deleting the threads were deleted.

Why should you be able to say whatever you like without censoring, this is a student forum with a good reputation, it must be censored to ensure it doesn't get a reputation as being a spam paradise with lots of inappropriate subjects discussed. Then of course we get to racism, intimidation, illegal behavior ect, cenorship is needed.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by frost105)
I cant remeber a decent thread being removed.....
that one about needs_money was damm funny......
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
lol. Personally i think they should remove either subscribers or adverts, you shouldn't have both. Its not nice.
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
yeah, she really is a slut (or a 40 year old bloke having a laugh)
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
AFAIK, the deleted threads were crap...any thread titles that could prove otherwise?

then what would be the point of moderators?

freedom has no place on a student moderated internet forum :p:
frost105
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
But you can also see why the mods have removed it. There are young people accessing this forum and towards the end it just became a slate fest.
kikzen
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Why should you be able to say whatever you like without censoring, this is a student forum with a good reputation, it must be censored to ensure it doesn't get a reputation as being a spam paradise with lots of inappropriate subjects discussed. Then of course we get to racism, intimidation, illegal behavior ect, cenorship is needed.
of course.

but censorship of things like 'attacks on mods' ie criticisms of mods just have no use.

dont start with the old 'if you dont like it, leave' nonsense because I waNT TO MAKE THIS PLACE A BETTER PLACE !!!
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
But you can also see why the mods have removed it. There are young people accessing this forum and towards the end it just became a slate fest.
yes I can understand that but why remove Tks thread? Its pointless.
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yes i can see why tho they could of left it open for abit longer so we could all have a laugh, after all anyone surfing on the internet at this time you would hope is mature enough to just laugh at it.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If we're taking this entirely seriously: because we make him money, that's why.

Just think, mir! If the people were in charge, we could do what you wanted. You could have an anime subforum... maybe a full anime forum! You could be the mod of it! Just think, Wawarin! Join us!
If anything I actually have more say than you do, after all, I have paid for a subscription, you are just moaning because you can't keep some threads and some members get banned without have done anything to support d.

Subscription has only been in place since June (I think), for a long time (over a year I think) d ran UKL without any financial help from the members. If you want a forum where you can do what you want, make one yourself.
BlackHawk
  • CV Helper
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
If anything I actually have more say than you do, after all, I have paid for a subscription, you are just moaning because you can't keep some threads and some members get banned without have done anything to support d.

Subscription has only been in place since June (I think), for a long time (over a year I think) d ran UKL without any financial help from the members. If you want a forum where you can do what you want, make one yourself.
get off your high horse
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads