this has gone way out of hand........ah well might aswell join in

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!
wiwarin_mir
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
This is the world's best site, and I love both d and A.

d, if I were I woman, I would have your babies!

I'm sorry I doubted you.

I should quit trying to be the voice of popular opinion, and leave that to TK. For the five minutes before she gets banned.
Don't worry, we all go through that phase.
Toy Soldier
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
I believe that UKL works quite well as a facist state (with a team of enforcers).
Well to be fair - facism usually is the most efficient form of government. Anarchy can work, but only if the majority are intelligent. That way mob rule keeps down the scum.

Communism and Democracy are just stupid.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Okay. This is getting scary. When I send PMs, the people become invalid. When I reply to threads, the threads become invalid.

This is ridiculous. It is quite clear that the actions of a few people -and yes, even a few mods- have gone way past what the general person would find acceptable. Bannings, deletion, is not the way to go about things.

I consider this to be a peaceful protest, and hope that it will not be deleted, although such would simply prove me entirely right.

When someone is banned, or threads deleted in a controversial manner, I simply ask that the consensus of TSR (UKL) members should be taken into account. I am not, as yet, calling for a vote on every banning, or for elected mods. Just for some degree of accountability.

This may well be my last message: if so, consider me, and everyone else banned to be a martyr. Little Steve Bikos, and Nelson Mandelas. Fighting for a free TSR, where the freedom of speech so championed in D&D is respected.

Add The Campaign for a Democratic TSR to your signature.

We wish not for a revolution: just for our right to reply.
Sorry. But a democratic forum just won't work. Most members here don't know a think about how a forum should be run or what is and isn't good for business. Another thing is that 99 percent of the members don't financially support the forum. If you want a voice on TSR give A some money.
Johnny 5
Badges: 11
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
Sorry. But a democratic forum just won't work. Most members here don't know a think about how a forum should be run or what is and isn't good for business. Another thing is that 99 percent of the members don't financially support the forum. If you want a voice on TSR give A some money.
Now that, ladies and gentlemen, would be an accurate democracy.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I've not contributed? Sorry, that's bull. By being here, we all contribute. More people attract more people, so more will become subscribers. More people means that more money can be made from advertising. I've clicked on the sponsor links many a time: without a credit card, I'm contributing as much as I can.
The thing is, you don't need a credit card any more. Now you can pay using paypal. Take the money right out of your paypal account. And if you don't have money in a paypal account then you can transfer it from your bank account.
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wiwarin_mir)
Can I just point something out, the majority of you do not pay for the server nor the employment of A and you get to use UKL for free. Tell me, what rights do you think you have to UKL, how is it that you have in some way contributed to d?
right on
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Moncal)
right on aswell
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Threads questioning the reasons for deletions of other threads have ALWAYS been deleted on TSR/UKL. As have threads attacking or abusing an individual member - moderator or non-moderator.

If a thread is deleted and you don't understand why then PM the mods online and ask why it was deleted.

If you don't believe the reason given is good enough then PM A complaining about the deletion and the reasons.

If you disapprove of the actions of any individual mod then PM A about it explaining exactly what you don't agree with.

*****ing and whining in public and trying to "gang up" on any member is NOT what this forum is for, and when people start behaiving this way it makes me incredibly embarrassed of being a part of this forum
technik
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I should quit trying to be the voice of popular opinion, and leave that to TK.
LMAO. not quite.
Johnny 5
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Oh, Jesus, is this thread still getting replies? Last time I try to be ironic.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Okay, i generally think this forum is well run, and all the stuff about it being free and stuff so users shouldn't expect it to be a democracy, that has a point.

But i do believe some sort of formal... at least representation for users would be a good idea. Some sort of way for users as a collective, rather than individuals, to voice their opinions, problems etc. would be beneficial for the entire forum, i believe.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads