Nirvana3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys i really need help with my english assignment. So I'm asked to compare the endings of two short stories and their significance and how they subvert the readers expectations etc. But idk what to speak about and the word count is long too. How can i write about the endings solely??
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Give me more information.
blue.moon.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd say as a general rule, if you link back to the main theme of the passage or the plot or development of the story in relation to the ending you're still answering the question. So long as that part of the story is relevant to the ending you should be fine. It does depend on the question though, this is a bit of a broad query. It also gives you the opportunity to say something like

in the exposition... xyz.. however by the end of the story... xyz - just don't spend too much time off topic and make sure what you’re saying is relevant
Last edited by blue.moon.; 1 month ago
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello

Read the stories carefully. Use them as fodder for your essay. Refer back to the theme as well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (226)
55.67%
I don't have everything I need (180)
44.33%

Watched Threads