The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Forgot to choose Durham Uni college on UCAS ??

Hi guys so basically I have received an offer from Durham which I intend to firm. However, I totally forgot that I had to give a preference for my college and now it is stated as a 'Z'. I'm not sure what this means, also am I able to change my preference from here?
Reply 1
Hi there, I also have a Z on my offer even though I did specify my college preference. Everyone, regardless of whether they are open application or have a college preference, has a Z at this point because your college allocation will be confirmed directly by one of the colleges beginning in February (got this from the email). For now, it just says Z for open application because colleges aren't exactly fixed for anyone, but they will be afterwards.

I'm also pretty sure you can change your college preference, because the offer guide they sent out last week discussed the offer conditions, and on page 5 they have a section that says "You can Ask Us to change your college preference up until your college has been allocated."

Hope this helps!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ginnynyz
Hi there, I also have a Z on my offer even though I did specify my college preference. Everyone, regardless of whether they are open application or have a college preference, has a Z at this point because your college allocation will be confirmed directly by one of the colleges beginning in February (got this from the email). For now, it just says Z for open application because colleges aren't exactly fixed for anyone, but they will be afterwards.

I'm also pretty sure you can change your college preference, because the offer guide they sent out last week discussed the offer conditions, and on page 5 they have a section that says "You can Ask Us to change your college preference up until your college has been allocated."

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info mate! What colleges you interested in btw if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 3
Original post by rafi_126
Thanks for the info mate! What colleges you interested in btw if you don't mind me asking?

No problem, happy to help. :smile: I applied to St. Chad's mainly because of this video lol. kinda fell in love with how it's opposite the cathedral, how it has a really lovely covered bar area, and just how friendly and intimate the vibe seemed (in the video at least) haha take a look for yourself!

Other than St. Chad's, I was definitely considering St. Cuthbert's because it has the same sort of small, intimate vibe that I was looking for (both of these colleges are some of the smallest in Durham). If you're looking for larger colleges or ones that are closer to your faculty, I definitely recommend watching some videos introducing the colleges on youtube to see which ones fit the bill. That's what I did, and I found that really helpful when trying to see which college suited me the best. I really recommend this video or even one of Jack Edward's (Durham youtuber) videos, they both seem to know what they're talking about.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest