Turn on thread page Beta

attitudes from white females towards different races. watch

Announcements

I want a quick insight into the average female opinion into the different races /attractiveness. I am a Chinese guy myself and have never had much trouble with women because I grew up with white friends but I am having an identity crisis at the minute and what to embrace my roots more.

However, I'm wondering if this may hinder my success with women because it is something I value greatly and at the end of the day it makes me happy.

So, if a Chinese guy was not like the typical alpha westernised male (fashion conscious, leader of social group etc) would you still be attracted towards him...?

same question for black and asian guys.

ReputationRep:
    And so the great fleet in search of compliments took to the high seas...

ReputationRep:
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Shut up. Why the hell did you waste time telling me that when you could've written an answer? Stupid ******.
    It just looks like you're out to have a big whinge if you're paradigm is disturbed in any way. And especially by using words rhyming with 'banker' when your bluff's called...

ReputationRep:
    I look at people for who they are not where they're from.

ReputationRep:
    Any guy of any race, whether deeply in touch with his culture or not, could be attractive. It depends on a lot of other factors.

However, I would definitely NOT find a guy attractive if he decided not to get in touch with his culture based on the fact that it might put off the ladies. It shouts 'lack of integrity' to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oldrafiki)
    Any guy of any race, whether deeply in touch with his culture or not, could be attractive. It depends on a lot of other factors.

However, I would definitely NOT find a guy attractive if he decided not to get in touch with his culture based on the fact that it might put off the ladies. It shouts 'lack of integrity' to me.
    Indeed, one's culture, race, intelligence, education and interests are all part of the person, and denial of any of the aforementioned traits would certainly be indicative of insecurity and imbecility.

ReputationRep:
    The only problem I'd ever have in regards to dating men from other cultures, is the difference in culture! For example, in some cultures women are regarded as being lower in heirarchy to men. This would be a huge sticking point if a guy I liked was brought up and upheld this view.
    I know that Chinese culture is very different to British culture with regards to human rights and stuff, so he'd have to be born with a British upbringing. I don't have anything against the Chinese, but their culture isn't one I'd like to be brought up in, imho.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    The only problem I'd ever have in regards to dating men from other cultures, is the difference in culture! For example, in some cultures women are regarded as being lower in heirarchy to men. This would be a huge sticking point if a guy I liked was brought up and upheld this view.
    I know that Chinese culture is very different to British culture with regards to human rights and stuff, so he'd have to be born with a British upbringing. I don't have anything against the Chinese, but their culture isn't one I'd like to be brought up in, imho.
    Neither is true for those whose roots stem from Hong Kong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I know that Chinese culture is very different to British culture with regards to human rights and stuff,
    Surely you mean Chinese politics? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Nice try ***** but wrong. Any constructive answers that tell the truth will be most welcome.
    "Interests:
    I like to sing in the shower until the landlord barges in with an eviction notice and all the neighbors come knocking on my door with AK-47s.

Hot women, sexy women, attractive women, smart women, aggressive women, funny women, successful women, and women with huge fake breasts

Sex. It's just so damn good until the condom rips…oops."

Learn to be "anonymous" next time, '*****'.

ReputationRep:
    being chinese isn't compatible with the concept of the "alpha western male" anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Most of the white girls I've ruined were more than pleased.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nanukem)
    being chinese isn't compatible with the concept of the "alpha western male" anyway.
    Yes; with many thanks to Hollywood. Nevertheless, this should change, for the good of society: why be attracted to imbeciles whose intelligence is exceedingly low, and whose mental ability is below that of a 10-year old but whose only capabilities are throwing a ball very well and have excessive muscular hypertrophy of the musculares biceps brachii and pectoralis major, both of which are indicative of falling down on the evolutionary tree.

(Original post by Symbioticenigma)
    "Interests:
    I like to sing in the shower until the landlord barges in with an eviction notice and all the neighbors come knocking on my door with AK-47s.

Hot women, sexy women, attractive women, smart women, aggressive women, funny women, successful women, and women with huge fake breasts

Sex. It's just so damn good until the condom rips…oops."

Learn to be "anonymous" next time, '*****'.

Yeah, shows how much validity your argument has that you have to trawl through my posts and profile. I'm having an identity crisis with wanting to know my roots, which I want to solve. So i don't need some doped up ****** who can't get laid trawling through my stuff, cold shower for you please.

(Original post by Nanukem)

Thats the problem, all my life I've only know white people and have grown up to be a boisterous guy, I know that the typical Chinese guy is quite timid but i want to take part in the culture (e.g. the food, the festivals etc) but perhaps white ladies find that unfashionable?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, shows how much validity your argument has that you have to trawl through my posts and profile. I'm having an identity crisis with wanting to know my roots, which I want to solve. So i don't need some doped up ****** who can't get laid trawling through my stuff, cold shower for you please.
    Well, make your 'identity crisis' the way you write your first post, instead of bringing race into it. And you had no argument to begin with, for the record. Look, I know you're trying to experiment discarding your own identity to have relations with another demographic group, feeling that your 'identity' will dissuade any potential women most probably. But dumping another race poll thread on TSR isn't going to reconcile your views on how big a role your 'identity' plays in your day to day life. You're probably going to have to make another post probably on a more psychologically inclined forum as opposed to this one, and really discuss your issues in a proper setting and context. Without, of course, resorting to name calling. Otherwise, nobody can truly help you, that is, if you are actually looking for help.

ReputationRep:
    I want a quick insight into the average female opinion into the different races /attractiveness. I am a Chinese guy myself and have never had much trouble with women because I grew up with white friends but I am having an identity crisis at the minute and what to embrace my roots more.

However, I'm wondering if this may hinder my success with women because it is something I value greatly and at the end of the day it makes me happy.

So, if a Chinese guy was not like the typical alpha westernised male (fashion conscious, leader of social group etc) would you still be attracted towards him...?

Ethnicity does not matter to a relationship.Even the appearance doesnt.
    e.g heidi klum and seal

Read the

Blueprint Decoded - Tyler durden

Im oriental. i found westernised chinese guys more attractive than those who were born and bred in the far east. The westernised ones have better manners and less abrupt; the typical chinese appeared to be rude when talking, and eating :p: also they act/ behave in a way they makes them look stupid.
    I met a BBC( sorry , i know some people dont like to be called this), ALL my female friends found him irrisistable!!:eek:

ReputationRep:
    yummmmmy, I think it's guys of different races that don't fine white girls attractive

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2009
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.