I have no one to talk to and no one cares

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have been physically abuse, emotionally abuse, and molested my whole childhood and now I am a teenager and things are still the same. I break down like every few days, no one cares. My self esteem is really low. Is this depression? I have no one to talk to, I am afraid of speaking out about it. I feel so lonely.
Last edited by DrawTheLine; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
please speak to your GP. this is totally normal and you shouldn’t feel afraid of speaking about about it. mental health is so important. They are loads of help lines. Your doctor will be able to give you something to improve your mood and get you to speak to someone please please don’t suffer in silence. People do care !!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
please speak to your GP. this is totally normal and you shouldn’t feel afraid of speaking about about it. mental health is so important. They are loads of help lines. Your doctor will be able to give you something to improve your mood and get you to speak to someone please please don’t suffer in silence. People do care !!
Telling someone to speak about it is easy, but it's really hard for me to speak out about it.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry you feel this way
brokestudent3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i agree with this! this is totally normal to feel given your circumstances (mine are/were very similar) but it’s difficult to tell someone especially when you’re a victim of abuse and sexual abuse.
Pathway
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As difficult as it is to seek help, it is in your best interest to. I know it's not what you want to hear though. I have complex PTSD and various other issues, talking to someone about the stuff I've been through is last on my list of things I want to do, but it needs to be done. It doesn't have to be all in one go. Tell them what you said here.

You deserve support and safety.
InternetDweller
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Opening up and talking to a GP could really be beneficial. Sending well wishes your way.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Geez that's mad.
MoominDipStick
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What has and potentially still is happening to you is not normal or your fault. What is normal is seeking out help from a trustworthy person. A teacher/tutor/childline if under 18 I think? Social services, a gp, doctor or nurse, police if necessary, 111, And telling someone and talking about it does help,. My personal advice is to call one of those services to get help for you. You are most important. Your own welfare and wellbeing plus mental state is also most important. Nobody should be touching you inappropriately or speaking to you inappropriately. Though families do have arguments and shout at eachother and even lash out if tempers flare, but nobody should be hurting you and you don't need to be hurting yourself either. There is mind online and you can also speak to the samaritans over phone or online. Only you can stop this by speaking out. If you are working speak to your boss or a school, collage, uni councillor. Speak to a trusted sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle. Tell a friends caring parent/parents. You are not alone, but I truly understand it certainly will be feeling like you are utterly alone and that nobody cares. People do care, but if they don't know what's going on it will seem like they don't care. And if you have already spoken out to anyone and not had a positive response back I'm sorry about that for you it is heartbreaking, but don't take that as how other people will respond. Don't give up, people do care, and your welfare and future happiness are cared about. Good luck, you are brave and strong. You have got this far, so belive my words about you. x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (48)
17.91%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (75)
27.99%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (102)
38.06%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (33)
12.31%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.73%

Watched Threads