i keep comparing my relationship and feeling like other couples/ girls have it better

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I love my bf he’s so sweet and tries really hard with me. he has his flaws like his temper but he really does try with me and as do i with him.

i have this bad habit of seeing other girls in relationships and feeling that i have settled or got the short end of the stick. My friends have never said this to me and they’re really honest though and they seem to try and reason with me as to why i’m being unfair... so why can’t i just accept the situation and compromise.

My problem is i earn more than my bf and have less responsibilities at home (such as rent and bills) so generally have more money. and i have always wanted a man who drives as i am hopeless. generally i like to give my all to someone and make them as happy as i can but i like to be cared for and sort of made to feel like things are taken care of.

Bc my bf doesn’t always have money for date nights he asks to split (something i’m not against but have never done before) and it makes me feel odd - kind of a foreign feeling and i can’t help it because i’m new to this. It’s not that i mind paying but i just see girls online talking about their alpha male man who drives n is able to go on many date nights and i just think how can they be so shallow? But at the same time i think look how easy their life is - should i sacrifice this?

Also please can no one reply saying i’m selfish or projecting insecurity onto me. i like men who take care of me and i like to contribute too - but i want to know how i can stop comparing or whether social media does this to others too

Is it normal to look at others and think about wanting more? please move replies only this is hurting me sm
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Havent you posted this before?
You will never be happy with this bf as you define what you want and he is never going to have those attributes both of you deserve to find someone more suited.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I love my bf he’s so sweet and tries really hard with me. he has his flaws like his temper but he really does try with me and as do i with him.

i have this bad habit of seeing other girls in relationships and feeling that i have settled or got the short end of the stick. My friends have never said this to me and they’re really honest though and they seem to try and reason with me as to why i’m being unfair... so why can’t i just accept the situation and compromise.

My problem is i earn more than my bf and have less responsibilities at home (such as rent and bills) so generally have more money. and i have always wanted a man who drives as i am hopeless. generally i like to give my all to someone and make them as happy as i can but i like to be cared for and sort of made to feel like things are taken care of.

Bc my bf doesn’t always have money for date nights he asks to split (something i’m not against but have never done before) and it makes me feel odd - kind of a foreign feeling and i can’t help it because i’m new to this. It’s not that i mind paying but i just see girls online talking about their alpha male man who drives n is able to go on many date nights and i just think how can they be so shallow? But at the same time i think look how easy their life is - should i sacrifice this?

Also please can no one reply saying i’m selfish or projecting insecurity onto me. i like men who take care of me and i like to contribute too - but i want to know how i can stop comparing or whether social media does this to others too

Is it normal to look at others and think about wanting more? please move replies only this is hurting me sm
just tell him how you feel, theres no way anyone here can help with that tbh
brokestudent3
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i don’t really know what to tell you. financial circumstances may and most likely will change but if you like being looked after financially as well as emotionally and it seems like he won’t be able to provide it to you then i’m not sure where you go from there. you love him and i don’t think u base ur entire relationship on money but it seems more like the principle of it. so i’m really not sure
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
since when do we use this cringey phrase "date night" eww
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There is a very easy and obvious solution to this.

Get a boyfriend that doesn't have a bad temper.
Get a boyfriend that is compatible with you when it comes to earning, spending and saving money.
Get a boyfriend that isn't a millstone round your neck.
Get a boyfriend that has a car and can drive.
Get a boyfriend that is a man and not a boy.

I am confidemt you can do this without too much difficulty.

And, by the way, the best men aren't alpha, they aren't beta, they are difficult or impossible to categorise. They act in the most appropriate way for the given situation. Not all the time, but most of the time. Enough of the time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed