Whatislife12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My iphone 7 dropped and the screen is now cracked, i see 4 different colours when turning it on and apps open and close by themselves. im looking at the iphone 11 but i dont know if its worth buying it? the earliest id buy it by is monday. Should i buy it now, wait a few weeks, just not buy the iphone 11, or just not buy a phone at all. im a uni student, im broke, i would be eating air and sleep for next term if i end up buying it, i just dont know if its worth it though
Chowderzzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you're seriously that low on money then it's never worth it. You could probably repair an iPhone screen for like £30 from a local shop so that's what I'd do. then you have a lot of extra cash should u need it
Whatislife12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Chowderzzz)
if you're seriously that low on money then it's never worth it. You could probably repair an iPhone screen for like £30 from a local shop so that's what I'd do. then you have a lot of extra cash should u need it
it will cost me around £150 to get it repaired, the hardware is damaged.
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If money is an issue, have a look at a refurb from somewhere like Cex, Amazon, Music Magpie, Envirophone...
Chowderzzz
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Whatislife12)
it will cost me around £150 to get it repaired, the hardware is damaged.
probably still better than to buy a new phone. You explained your money situation to be quite bad so I would defo not recommend getting a new phone.

"if you can't buy it twice then you can't afford it" - jay z.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have the latest Covid-19 announcements affected your decisions about university?

It's complicated, I'll tell you more in the thread... (32)
6.35%
I've decided not to go to university (23)
4.56%
I'm more likely to go to university now (30)
5.95%
I've decided to go to a university nearer to my home town (38)
7.54%
I’m considering different universities (31)
6.15%
I am choosing a more career-related course (35)
6.94%
I am choosing a course based on what I’m passionate about (65)
12.9%
It hasn't changed anything for me (250)
49.6%

Watched Threads