changing from non means tested to means tested loan

    • Thread Starter

    sorry im pretty certain this has been asked before but i skimmed through the forum and could not find anything.

    Which form would i need to fill out say if i requested for non-means tested student loan but now want to change it to means tested student loan?

    Also would i still be able to apply for the maintenance grant?

    you should ring them up and they can tell you what form you need.
    also you can still apply for the grant but if they give it to you it wont be until january.

    I did this last year. After applying for the non means tested i decided to change to means tested. I was told i needed to fill out another form including proof of family income. Ring up ur LEA and they should tell u what you need. Most of the time you can download the forms from the website. After changing I managed to received everything in time after enrolling. As your changing the amount you want it should not take too long, as long as you include the relevent docs.
Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 22, 2008
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Should you wait six months before applying for a graduate job?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.