Asked to change classes, they said no.

Watch
solace_quail
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So, I'm in year 10 and I'm taking Spanish. Ever since the academic year started, I've really wanted to change my Spanish class to a certain teacher's one, so I emailed my head of year with what was practically an essay explaining the various reasons I want to change class -- I'm quite proud of it actually. The awkward thing is, my current Spanish teacher is in charge of GCSE subjects or whatever, so she probably had to ask him if such a change was feasible, and obviously he said 'Well it's not as simple as that, it's just not possible." (I mean I do understand where they're both coming from but...can't they at least try a bit harder? surely it's not entirely impossible?)

Anyway, after my request was rejected, I figured I might as well resign myself to fate. But I still really want to change classes. I don't mind if I change my whole timetable or even swap subjects, I REALLY WANT TO HAVE THIS TEACHER FOR GCSE. They're one of the best teachers I've ever had. But, even when I explained all this to the staff that are supposed to 'help' me, they just said no and gave me loads of pamphlets and stuff about mental health (?). My school just seems to not want to bother changing anyone's class, and I do realise it would be difficult, but can't they just inconspicuously squeeze me into a class or something? Idk, my general impression is that they aren't trying very hard but I don't know how to approach them about it, and they're probably going to get annoyed at me constantly asking them the same thing. I'm just not sure what to do.
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by solace_quail)
So, I'm in year 10 and I'm taking Spanish. Ever since the academic year started, I've really wanted to change my Spanish class to a certain teacher's one, so I emailed my head of year with what was practically an essay explaining the various reasons I want to change class -- I'm quite proud of it actually. The awkward thing is, my current Spanish teacher is in charge of GCSE subjects or whatever, so she probably had to ask him if such a change was feasible, and obviously he said 'Well it's not as simple as that, it's just not possible." (I mean I do understand where they're both coming from but...can't they at least try a bit harder? surely it's not entirely impossible?)

Anyway, after my request was rejected, I figured I might as well resign myself to fate. But I still really want to change classes. I don't mind if I change my whole timetable or even swap subjects, I REALLY WANT TO HAVE THIS TEACHER FOR GCSE. They're one of the best teachers I've ever had. But, even when I explained all this to the staff that are supposed to 'help' me, they just said no and gave me loads of pamphlets and stuff about mental health (?). My school just seems to not want to bother changing anyone's class, and I do realise it would be difficult, but can't they just inconspicuously squeeze me into a class or something? Idk, my general impression is that they aren't trying very hard but I don't know how to approach them about it, and they're probably going to get annoyed at me constantly asking them the same thing. I'm just not sure what to do.
I’m not really sure there’s anything you can do tbh. You’ve asked and they’ve said no.

Perhaps have a good read of those pamphlets and see if they can give you any help through that.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Accept you're not going to change classes and learn to cope with that. It may well be that you can't change groups without changing at least one of your GCSE options because of the way the timetable is set up. Even if the 2 classes are parallel ones then the there is more to it that what you want. We all know some teachers are better than others, allowing students to pick their teacher would mean some classes landed up with 60 students and some would be empty. You have to learn to make the best of what you have.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (278)
56.5%
I don't have everything I need (214)
43.5%

Watched Threads