Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have really bad eczema on my face and its gone much worse during these winter months. My face goes red and bumpy and its been like that for around 2 months!!!
Ive tried hydrocortisone ointment for 2 weeks straight but it doesnt seem to be working.
Ive been moisturising so much but nothing seems to change, its just red and bumpy everyday. Does anyone know why this might be the case? Also, does anyone know if my skin would go back to its original colour on my face as its gone darker?
Thank you
Lianne_Sinclair
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have really bad eczema on my face and its gone much worse during these winter months. My face goes red and bumpy and its been like that for around 2 months!!!
Ive tried hydrocortisone ointment for 2 weeks straight but it doesnt seem to be working.
Ive been moisturising so much but nothing seems to change, its just red and bumpy everyday. Does anyone know why this might be the case? Also, does anyone know if my skin would go back to its original colour on my face as its gone darker?
Thank you
Hi, I can do sympathise with you, you sound like you’ve got it so bad. I use a moisturiser called QV cream and it’s really good for mine. I would definitely try and get another doctors appointment to see what they can do bc that sounds like it really hurts. My skin seems to back to normal after I have a flair up, it takes a little while but it should go back to normal. Hope this helps xxx
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lianne_sinclair)
Hi, I can do sympathise with you, you sound like you’ve got it so bad. I use a moisturiser called QV cream and it’s really good for mine. I would definitely try and get another doctors appointment to see what they can do bc that sounds like it really hurts. My skin seems to back to normal after I have a flair up, it takes a little while but it should go back to normal. Hope this helps xxx
Oh right ok, my skin does go back to normal but the redness just stays there and no matter what i do it wont go away. Do you know if my skin colour would go back to normal since its gone darker btw?
Thanks 😊
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have you spoken to a doctor about this?
Lianne_Sinclair
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Oh right ok, my skin does go back to normal but the redness just stays there and no matter what i do it wont go away. Do you know if my skin colour would go back to normal since its gone darker btw?
Thanks 😊
It should go back to a normal colour, but that's maybe something to talk to a doctor about. It may go down if you use sudocrem, it works wonders with my spots and discoloured skin areas.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lianne_sinclair)
It should go back to a normal colour, but that's maybe something to talk to a doctor about. It may go down if you use sudocrem, it works wonders with my spots and discoloured skin areas.
Alright thank you🙏 😊
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
Have you spoken to a doctor about this?
Nope but i am tomorrow though, thanks😊
KA_P
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly go and see the GP. They can assess exactly what treatment is needed and they can specify it to one that reduces the scarring to your natural colour. I had eczema all over my back for a while and I went to the doctor and they prescribed me 3 different treatments which all helped and my back has no scarring or discolouration
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.08%
I don't have everything I need (99)
39.92%

Watched Threads