chloenix
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've been trying to send my UCAS application for weeks now, but everytime I send it through to my college, they send it back asking me to make amendments without specifying. I finally realised what the problem was:

In Year 9 I completed my French GCSE two years early because it's my home language and I achieved an A* grade. However, when I sat this exam, it was at my old secondary school (I moved schools in Year 10) and therefore I needed to put in my OLD school's information on UCAS when listing this GCSE.
Very annoyingly, however, I can't seem to find the school on UCAS. I entered the school name manually, but I can't find their exam center number anywhere! I've emailed the admin team and it's been a week without a response.

I need to send my application in ASAP because I've already missed a lot of deadlines with my school trying to figure this one out. What do I do?
Last edited by chloenix; 1 month ago
chloenix
Rep:
?
Bump this is really important!
yoyowhatsup
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chloenix)
I've been trying to send my UCAS application for weeks now, but everytime I send it through to my college, they send it back asking me to make amendments without specifying. I finally realised what the problem was:

In Year 9 I completed my French GCSE two years early because it's my home language and I achieved an A* grade. However, when I sat this exam, it was at my old secondary school (I moved schools in Year 10) and therefore I needed to put in my OLD school's information on UCAS when listing this GCSE.
Very annoyingly, however, I can't seem to find the school on UCAS. I entered the school name manually, but I can't find their exam center number anywhere! I've emailed the admin team and it's been a week without a response.

I need to send my application in ASAP because I've already missed a lot of deadlines with my school trying to figure this one out. What do I do?
I don't know much about this but maybe call the UCAS team?
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by yoyowhatsup)
I don't know much about this but maybe call the UCAS team?
Oh that's a great idea thank you!
Where would I find their number?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bump this is really important!
Don't bump after three minutes!

Might the school have changed its name? Phone your old school on Monday ...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Unless you tell us the school name and address how do you expect anyone to help?
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Don't bump after three minutes!

Might the school have changed its name? Phone your old school on Monday ...
Haha usually don't but I was worried it would get buried these threads often do!

And that's what I was thinking too! I tried loads of variations but really couldn't find it, but from their Wikipedia page tells me it's still the same name.
And I'll do that, thanks!
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Unless you tell us the school name and address how do you expect anyone to help?
To be fair people have been pretty helpful so far! Was just wondering if there was some sort of website or something to find these things.
Last edited by chloenix; 1 month ago
yoyowhatsup
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh that's a great idea thank you!
Where would I find their number?
Our Customer Experience Centre can be reached by calling 0371 468 0 468 – or +44 330 333 0230 from outside the UK (international call rates apply). Our opening hours are 08:30 – 18:00 (UK time), Monday to Friday. This is straight off google, usually a couple of hours of calls will get this sorted out.
chloenix
Rep:
?
Our Customer Experience Centre can be reached by calling 0371 468 0 468 – or +44 330 333 0230 from outside the UK (international call rates apply). Our opening hours are 08:30 – 18:00 (UK time), Monday to Friday. This is straight off google, usually a couple of hours of calls will get this sorted out.
Just called them and they're closed but I also found their Twitter help service so I'll try and look through there. Thank you so much.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Haha usually don't but I was worried it would get buried these threads often do!

And that's what I was thinking too! I tried loads of variations but really couldn't find it, but from their Wikipedia page tells me it's still the same name.
And I'll do that, thanks!
It could be an Academy now - check on the school website or Ofsted [not Wikipedia!].
yoyowhatsup
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Telling us the name of her school and address would probably do more harm than good.
chloenix
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
It could be an Academy now - check on the school website or Ofsted [not Wikipedia!].
Oh wait I do seem to remember that it became an academy! Let me check thanks!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Telling us the name of her school and address would probably do more harm than good.
I’m sure the school had more than one pupil 5+ years ago. It’s not going to give away her secret superhero identity
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (297)
55.93%
I don't have everything I need (234)
44.07%

Watched Threads