The Student Room Group

Sleeping issues, anxiety & uni work

Hello, I feel very stressed at the moment. I’m not sleeping well. Mainly because I have my uni assignment on my mind all the time. I am in Level 5 (equivalent to 2nd year) & I’m stressing because I feel like I won’t get it done on time. It’s not due till the beginning of February & next week our tutor is going to go through a bit of it with us. But I have physical health conditions & dyspraxia & my DSA hasn’t come through yet (long story). Through my DSA, I am able to access a non-medical helper who helps me with planning etc.

I’m just panicking that my issues are going to get in the way of me being able to do well on this assignment, particularly my physical health issues, as I have continuous fatigue (which my insomnia doesn’t help with... :/.).

I am doing a few mins yoga every day to try to help, just stretches. Sorry for rambling. Thanks for reading. :smile:
Okay, first off take some time to do some deep breathing exercises and just really try to ground yourself - this is something I force myself to do when I get anxious about something.
You said that your assignment isn't due until February and that you've got a tutor to go through it with you - that's great! I guess all I can say is that you should keep pushing through. Do your absolute best and believe in yourself!
It's great that you recognise how you are feeling because that means you can take the next step towards working through how you're feeling (if that makes sense)...
Yoga is a great way to ground yourself - so keep doing it! It doesn't have to be for long, but it really does make a difference. I like to meditate when I can :smile:
Deep breaths - you've got this! :smile: :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest