CWLOPES123
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi All Students!

I am currently working on a project and wanted to get your opinions of interest on a dog therapy clinical service, that would be targeted to improving mental health, as an alternative to therapies such as CBT, Counselling, Psychotherapy?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes.
Holistic therapy with canines can work very well as a means of coming to terms with bereavement and past traumas.
Also helpful as a support mechanism for vulnerable people coping with overwhelming situations or loneliness.
For people with cynophobia or a dislike of dogs, animal therapy with cats and horses can be a good substitute.
Sometime rabbits, lambs and goats too.
levi.simp777
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by CWLOPES123)
Hi All Students!

I am currently working on a project and wanted to get your opinions of interest on a dog therapy clinical service, that would be targeted to improving mental health, as an alternative to therapies such as CBT, Counselling, Psychotherapy?
i think for me dog therapy would be really helpful. dogs in general make me feel happy and relaxed, from exam/school and family stress in general !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (49)
17.75%
No one else does (87)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.14%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (93)
33.7%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.17%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.17%

Watched Threads