2 Weeks to LNAT - practice?

Watch this thread
supernovaxe
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello lovely people of TSR!

Hope you're having a great day/evening wherever you are. I have a question regarding practising for the LNAT. My test is in approximately 2 weeks (a little less), and I'm trying to cram as much last-minute revision as possible into this little amount of time. So far I've done about 3 MCQ tests and done essay outlines for a few more essay questions to prepare for the test, and I was wondering how best to maximise my limited time left. I have a book I'm using but it has only 4 practice tests and limited essay questions. Arbitio is another option I'm considering, but the price tag is making me hesitate a bit especially given that I only have 2 weeks to use it.

Would really appreciate if anyone could weigh in and provide some advice on what to do. Thank you so much!
anonymousah28
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by supernovaxe)
Hello lovely people of TSR!

Hope you're having a great day/evening wherever you are. I have a question regarding practising for the LNAT. My test is in approximately 2 weeks (a little less), and I'm trying to cram as much last-minute revision as possible into this little amount of time. So far I've done about 3 MCQ tests and done essay outlines for a few more essay questions to prepare for the test, and I was wondering how best to maximise my limited time left. I have a book I'm using but it has only 4 practice tests and limited essay questions. Arbitio is another option I'm considering, but the price tag is making me hesitate a bit especially given that I only have 2 weeks to use it.

Would really appreciate if anyone could weigh in and provide some advice on what to do. Thank you so much!
I was in a similar situation to you. I only really started preparing two weeks before my LNAT and wasn't sure what to do. But I ended up getting Arbitio and did multiple of their MCQ tests a day. I found that it prepared me really well for my LNAT (have no idea whether I've done well though lol) much more than the practice books that I was using. So I'd recommend getting Arbitio and try to make the best use out of it in the next two weeks. All the best!
supernovaxe
Rep:
(Original post by Amani.H)
I was in a similar situation to you. I only really started preparing two weeks before my LNAT and wasn't sure what to do. But I ended up getting Arbitio and did multiple of their MCQ tests a day. I found that it prepared me really well for my LNAT (have no idea whether I've done well though lol) much more than the practice books that I was using. So I'd recommend getting Arbitio and try to make the best use out of it in the next two weeks. All the best!
Hey there, thank you so much! May I ask what score you received for your actual LNAT, and how much of Arbitio's course did you end up using (eg. the number of practice tests/free marked essays you sent in)?
anonymousah28
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey there, thank you so much! May I ask what score you received for your actual LNAT, and how much of Arbitio's course did you end up using (eg. the number of practice tests/free marked essays you sent in)?
I only sat my LNAT a few weeks ago so won't know until sometime in February. I did 13 out of the 16 tests available on Arbitio but didn't do as many essays and didn't have any marked. For the essay section, I mostly prepared by doing research on lots of different ethical or controversial debates. But I've only applied to one uni that actually uses the LNAT (LSE) and they don't consider the essay so I didn't spend as much time preparing for the essay section. So I'd check what the unis you're applying to look at (whether they take the essay into account).
supernovaxe
Rep:
I only sat my LNAT a few weeks ago so won't know until sometime in February. I did 13 out of the 16 tests available on Arbitio but didn't do as many essays and didn't have any marked. For the essay section, I mostly prepared by doing research on lots of different ethical or controversial debates. But I've only applied to one uni that actually uses the LNAT (LSE) and they don't consider the essay so I didn't spend as much time preparing for the essay section. So I'd check what the unis you're applying to look at (whether they take the essay into account).
Ah I see! That's a lot of tests, hats off to you for that Can only hope that I can do as much haha. I'm actually applying to 5 unis that all consider LNAT (cries in KCL, LSE, UCL, Bristol and Nottingham) because I'm an international student and will be applying to other unis in my country (so going all out for the UK!). How did you find the LNAT (difficulty or otherwise)?
anonymousah28
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Ah I see! That's a lot of tests, hats off to you for that Can only hope that I can do as much haha. I'm actually applying to 5 unis that all consider LNAT (cries in KCL, LSE, UCL, Bristol and Nottingham) because I'm an international student and will be applying to other unis in my country (so going all out for the UK!). How did you find the LNAT (difficulty or otherwise)?
Thank you! I was really worried that I had left the preparation too late so tried to cram as much as I could. Ah ok, I'd definitely recommend doing as much essay preparation as you can because a few of those unis will look at your essay section. Good luck with your applications! I actually didn't find it as difficult as I thought it would be. The MCQ was a lot easier than Arbitio and I had lots of time to spare surprisingly. I was also lucky with the essay options I was given.
supernovaxe
Rep:
Thank you! I was really worried that I had left the preparation too late so tried to cram as much as I could. Ah ok, I'd definitely recommend doing as much essay preparation as you can because a few of those unis will look at your essay section. Good luck with your applications! I actually didn't find it as difficult as I thought it would be. The MCQ was a lot easier than Arbitio and I had lots of time to spare surprisingly. I was also lucky with the essay options I was given.
That's great to hear, great job! I will definitely look into doing more essay research. Would you say a good grasp of current affairs is important, or to focus on the big, timeless ethical debates?
anonymousah28
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
That's great to hear, great job! I will definitely look into doing more essay research. Would you say a good grasp of current affairs is important, or to focus on the big, timeless ethical debates?
Thank you! I'd say both are very useful and important as anything could come and it might not be the obvious ethical debates that we are all familiar with.
WhiteBlueBell
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
How do you know if unis look at the LNAT essay or not? Durham in particular? Thx
anonymousah28
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by WhiteBlueBell)
How do you know if unis look at the LNAT essay or not? Durham in particular? Thx
Some unis will say on their website whether they look at the LNAT essay. Arbitio also has a guide on their website on how unis will look at your LNAT: https://www.arbitio.co.uk/guides/lnat_university_scores
Hope this helps.
supernovaxe
Rep:
Thank you! I'd say both are very useful and important as anything could come and it might not be the obvious ethical debates that we are all familiar with.
Got it, thank you so much!
john19817
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by anonymousah28)
Hey would you be willing to let me use your Arbitio account? I’d be happy to pay for it but I only need it for two days so I don’t think it’s wise for me to pay the full amount from the website!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Physics Paper 1 exam go?

Great! Feeling positive (146)
29.14%
It went fairly well (237)
47.31%
It didn't go too well (75)
14.97%
TERRIBLE! (43)
8.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed